TWENTY-ONE

Layne isn't here when I wake up. His warm scent lingers on my bed as I sit up, rubbing my eyes.

What is up with this man not being next to me when I wake up?

I stretch my legs before hopping off my bed and leaving my room to brush my teeth and use the bathroom. After replacing my pad with a new one, I wash my hands and exit the bathroom, hearing the front door doorknob jiggle.

Layne opens the front door and swoops inside, carrying a grocery bag. Whoa, Deja Vu.

"Morning," he says, smiling at me as he places the bag on the island counter.

"Hi," I smile, looking at his different clothes from last night as I walk to him. "Did you go home?"

"Yeah, I had to shower," he tells me. "I wasn't going to wear one of your skirts."

"Maybe you should leave some of your stuff here...."

"I should, huh?"

"Mmhh, just a couple of outfits and a pack of cigarettes," I laugh, standing directly in front of him. Mmh, he's so damn cute.

"You should leave some clothes at my place too," he offers.

"I like wearing your clothes, though," I pout, batting my lashes at him.

Layne chuckles, "We sharing my boxers too?"

Smiling, I shake my head, "Why would I need them?" I slowly blink at him, biting my bottom lip.

Layne releases a breath. "Mmmh," he moans as he grabs my hips and pulls me closer to him. "You're still on your period, right?" I nod, yes. "And you're not into..."

"Ew, no, are you?"

He smirks at me before responding, "No."

"You're lying."

Layne just chuckles. Ugh, again, with this laughing. He's lucky I find his laugh so adorable. Releasing his hands from my waist, he steps towards the bag he placed on the island.

"I got you these," he says as he takes out a pack of Tampax and a variety of chocolate bars.

I sign, looking at the tampons. Ouch. I don't know why but tampons scare the shit out of me. Just sticking something inside of me seems like it would hurt...I rather have someone else do it.

"I don't use tampons."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. I'm stocked up on pads," I quickly say, seeing the sad look on his face. My attention then turned to the sweets in his hands. "How did you know I wanted chocolate?"

"Shana was here this morning. I asked her about your period cravings before she left for work." I smile hard until my cheeks hurt.

"You're so sweet. Thank you."

"You're welcome," he softly says as he leans down and kisses me. I stepped on my tippy toes to make the kiss longer.

"So, what are you doing today?" I ask him.

"Anything you want to do." I give him a weird look, wondering if I heard him right.

"You're free all day?"

He nods, "Yes, ma'am."

Hmmmmm.

"...This will be the first time we will spend the whole day together."

Layne gives me a small smile, "I'm sorry about that." I immediately want to take back my comment.

"I shouldn't have said that. We just started officially dating like yesterday." Layne doesn't say anything except nod. "You want breakfast?" I ask him, quicking changing the topic.