TWO

Even though I woke up around noon, it was still too early for Shana, who was still asleep in her room. But I was bored and dedicated to giving myself a little tour of Seattle, even if it was just down the street. The old me would love to just stay in bed with my thoughts, but I want to change. I need to change.

After wandering the street for at least 30 minutes, I finally stopped at a loud but cute record store.

I flipped through a series of records, and a few caught my attention until moving on to the next crate of albums. With a collection of records under my armpit, I move to the R&B section and immediately stop at a Prince record.

"Mmh, Prince fan, huh?" I hear from behind me. I turn and spot Layne staring down at me, a twinkle sparkling in his blue eyes. A smile spreads on my lips, happy to see him. Plus, he looked even cuter than my first visual of him yesterday...if that's even possible.

"Oh, hi,"  I stare at the blonde curls that fall underneath his cap.

He smiles, "Hey...I saw you from the window and thought I'd come and say hi." I nod against his reasoning.

"You like Prince?" I ask him, the record still in my hand.

"Yeah, he's one of my favorites." It's weird how beautiful blue eyes are in person.

"My mom is actually a big fan of his. This would be the perfect gift for her whenever I visit home," I mentally shake my head, feeling myself rambling. "Uh, what's your favorite song?"

"Ohh, that's a tough one," Layne says, throwing his head back in a sigh.

"It's okay, don't hurt yourself," I joke. He releases a loud hearty laugh, causing a tremble in my legs. Can someone get turned on by someone's laugh?

"So, what else you got there?' he asks me after his laughter calms down.

"Uh," I start, "Some Led Zepplin, Marvin Gaye, The Smiths, and-" I begin to feel awkward as I show him the next album. "Alice in Chains..." A hint of a smile touches his lips.

"I didn't know you were a fan," he says in a calmer voice.

"Shana was blasting you guys non-stop last night. I'm pretty sure I know every song by heart now." and you guys are hot.

"Hey, maybe you'll do a cover of our songs one day," he suggests smoothly. I bite down on my lower lip. As tempting as singing sounds, I don't know if I could confidently cover an Alice in Chains song. Layne looks around the store, searching. "Are you here by yourself?"

"Yeah, I didn't feel like waking Shana up, so I'm giving myself a little tour."

He leans in and squints his eyes, "Andrea, do you need a tour guide?"

"That depends. Is he boring?"

"No, he just takes a lot of smoke breaks."

"Ew, not the cigarette breath tour guide. Those are the worst."

"Worst than coffee breath?" he asks, amused.

"Oh, I can tolerate that."

"You sure about that?" he asks, slipping on a white foam cup. He exhales, and I smell coffee spilling from his breath. I nod at him, trying my hardest not to stare at his lips.

My eyes flicker to a man walking up to Layne from behind him. He notices the movement in my eyes and turns his head. "I'll be right back," he tells me.

I nod, "I'ma go pay for this," Layne grins and leaves my side with a wink.

The cashier was already staring me down as I walked over to her. I stood on my tippy toes and placed my records on the tall counter.