Episode 35.2 - Ensemble of Fools

Start from the beginning

Yharim was bowled over, taking damage, but the two brothers kept charging forward. Sid dodged to the side, knowing that the brothers would damage him too if he was caught in their charge. He watched as the Sepulcher reached Yharim and began biting into him, then the entire creature exploded, blasting him for even more damage.

Yharim seemed confused for a moment, as the Sepulcher had exploded due to the Hellbound enchantment on the weapon, which gave it a timer before exploding for damage.

Sid summoned another Sepulcher and some more charging images of Catastrophe and Cataclysm, but Yharim was more prepared for those attacks. He flew up in the air to avoid the brothers, then lunged straight for Sid, sword held out.

Sid dodged to the left but was still hit by Yharim's swipe, his health brought to 0.

***

Robyn kept on ferociously swiping and slashing at William, taking out all her rage at the recent revelation. He just kept blocking her arrows with his Zenith, or parrying her up-close with his Ark of the Cosmos, even once cutting a rip in spacetime with the Ark's scissor-blades and then dashing along the rip.

After some time he started swirling his Zenith more furiously than before, straight at Robyn. She was forced to fly backwards, wondering if this time he was really intending to hit her.

Then, once the flurry of swords had all retreated back to William's hand, Robyn saw he was holding both his hands upward.

"I don't want to fight you!" he shouted.

Robyn whipped out her Heavenly Gale. "Why didn't you ever tell me about your visions? Of your so-called real family?"

"Because... I didn't know what you'd think! I wanted to ignore it at first, it felt more frightening than anything, but after some time..."

"You felt more drawn to them than to me?"

William shook his head. "No! I don't know! I just..." he sighed. "Please. Things have just been so heavy ever since Yharim first came into our world. So many citizens we knew died. Our entire home was reduced to flaming ruin, and everything we thought we knew has been turned upside down. It's just..." He sighed again, then shook his stuck-up hands. "I surrender. I don't want to fight you, Robyn. I know I hurt you, so you can do what you want. Kill me, leave me, take me in... I don't care. I deserve anything you deal out to me."

Robyn studied his face. His defeated eyes. His haggard stance. The guy she had once liked... loved even... who had sunk so low.

In that one split-second decision.

She sighed. "I don't care either. I just want to stop Yharim and bring peace back to the Nexus and all the worlds. That is way over anything to do with you."

That was when she saw a shape hovering towards them.

It was Yharim. With Sid's body spread across his arms.

Robyn gasped.

For a terrible moment, she feared that Yharim had killed him. That her rage against William had led to Sid falling when they should have taken on Yharim together.

But then her eyes landed on his label. He still had 56 health left. Yharim had spared him.

He landed in front of them and threw his body at them. Sid tumbled on the stone slabs, groaning slightly.

"If not for his armour's revive, he'd be dead now," Yharim said. "I'd hoped we could all enter the real world together. But it seems like... I'm going to have to leave you two here."

"You three." Robyn looked to see William had turned to face Yharim, sidling up next to her.

She felt a brief leap in her heart.