Episode 34.3 - Stained, Brutal Calamity

Start from the beginning

***

Sid had known for certain that his path was one of justice. Every boss that had tried to obstruct him had paid the ultimate price.

The Slime God. The Plaguebringer Goliath. Astrum Deus. Providence. The Devourer of Gods. Jungle Dragon, Yharon.

Calamitas, however... she was truly overwhelming.

He suddenly took one – no, two blows from hellblasts. He heard her laugh devilishly, taunting him for slipping up, then hovered up and away.

Another bullet hell. Not as dense as the first one, but several of those slow blasts that exploded into rings of smaller shots were being fired from outside the arena, and he had to avoid every single one.

Calamitas didn't let up once the bullet storm abated. She attacked more furiously than before, Sid trying to dodge as best as he could while his summons chipped away at her force field's health.

"You've harnessed great power," Calamitas spoke, "But you wield it for no-one but yourself."

Sid grit his teeth as a third bullet hell came along. He got hit again, brimstone flames dancing across his armour. But once this wave stopped, Sid saw two other beings had appeared next to her. One was dressed in crimson armour that reminded Sid of a samurai, holding a gleaming blade in his hand. The other wielded two gauntlets with pink veins of energy running along them, and had a flaming deer skull for a head.

"Would you like to meet my family?" Calamitas asked. "Horrible, aren't they?"

The brothers – Catastrophe and Cataclysm – rushed forward, taking up positions on either side of Sid. Catastrophe began to swing his sword, firing slashes of energy in a similar manner to some of William's swords. Cataclysm punched his gauntlets forward to fire purple energy fists that flew towards Sid in erratic trajectories. For a few seconds he found himself panicking, his mind only on dodging their relentless attacks. His summons found themselves splitting up, not dealing decent damage to any particular brother.

All as Calamitas just hovered in the background, laughing again and again each time he got hit.

Signs of self-disappointment started infiltrating.

Symptoms of paranoia began invading.

His mental fortitude was failing.

He'd held on for countless battles, but now he was losing.

Those putrid emotions were beginning to take control.

Such petty emotions were sabotaging his soul.

He gazed into the shadow of her hood. Beneath which the same face he had once loved lay.

He was falling down the hole of sadness.

What could have been... if this hadn't all been a lie.

His courage was turning to madness. His rage was escalating.

Was he sure he wanted to lose his life to this witch?

Who had toyed with his heart from the very beginning?

No, Sid thought, and a new resolve began to burn within, brighter than the brimstone flames that were chipping away at his health.

His health was knocked to 0 by one of Cataclysm's energy fists, but he was revived by the Silva ability which his Auric Tesla armour inherited, being brought back up to half health.

"You just made my decision for me!" he shouted.

He directed all his summons at Cataclysm. The deer-skulled entity roared as he got assaulted by damage, and he quickly fell, blasting into pieces that burnt away.