CHAPTER 21 ' Questions

⠀⠀⠀"What the fuck is going on? Who the fuck are you?" Scaramouche hissed at Dain.

⠀⠀⠀"How do I... remember you...?" I whispered, accidentally ignoring Scaramouche's desperate cries for answers.

⠀⠀⠀Dain flipped his cape back, getting down on one knee in front of me, taking my hand in his and holding it against his head, with his other placed behind his back. Every single gesture of his was so elegant.

⠀⠀⠀"What are you-" I tried asking.

⠀⠀⠀"What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" The Balladeer however yelled over me, grabbing onto my waist, pulling me towards him.

⠀⠀⠀Dainsleif got up to look at me. His face was drowning in sorrow. "You don't remember." He spoke softly.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche pulled me even closer to him, barely giving me room to move. "I can't remember..." I replied.

⠀⠀⠀Dainsleif sighed, grabbing his face in his palms for a second or two.

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, everything is okay." I tried calming him down.

⠀⠀⠀He softened up a bit.

⠀⠀⠀"Dainsleif. Stay with us for a while." I turned back to the tall man.

⠀⠀⠀"I can't. I have no time on my schedule to take a break. I do not even have space in my vocabulary for such words."

⠀⠀⠀"Please."

⠀⠀⠀"Y/N what are you doing?" Scaramouche scoffed. "And what's with the royalty talk?!"

⠀⠀⠀"Please Scaramouche. I'm not sure what's happening but... this is important to me."

⠀⠀⠀"You're killing me slowly." He sighed in reply.

⠀⠀⠀"Thank you... Dain, please stay with us for a while."

⠀⠀⠀"I do not wish to endanger you, Your Majesty."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh, hear that Y/N? He could endanger us. Let's just leave." Scaramouche said.

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, please."

⠀⠀⠀He grunted.

⠀⠀⠀"Dainsleif, I'll be fine please come with."

⠀⠀⠀Dain nodded and started following me close behind, next to Scaramouche.

⠀⠀⠀"I do not like this one bit. Who the hell are you anyway? Where did you come from?"

⠀⠀⠀The two started talking on our way back to the campsite.

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche... You must be one of the harbingers."

⠀⠀⠀"I was. I am not anymore. Now I am nothing but a mere wanderer on the grounds of Teyvat... By Y/N's side."

⠀⠀⠀"Their Majesty... How have they been doing."

⠀⠀⠀"Good. I've been trying to take care of them. Who are you?"

⠀⠀⠀"I'm glad to hear they have had someone by their side all this time."

⠀⠀⠀"Listen here. Stop ignoring my damn question. It's not that hard to answer. Who the hell are you?"

⠀⠀⠀"You know you can have a seat now, right?" We got back at the campfire a while ago but they were too caught up in their banter they didn't realise.

⠀⠀⠀Both Dainsleif and Scara sat down on opposite sides. Scara constantly staring Dain down and Dain completely ignoring him, instead eyeing me.

⠀⠀⠀"Would you both stop. This tension is killing me. I barely woke up."

⠀⠀⠀"Yes, your Majesty."

        "Fine."

⠀⠀⠀It was such an awkward situation. I knew I knew the man from somewhere but I can't remember from where. And Scara seemed so tense and mad at the same time... but I needed answers. I wanted to know what was happening.
⠀⠀⠀The only thing I've heard about Dain, however, was small bits from Aether... Aether. He never let me accompany him on the quests where he met up with Dain...

⠀⠀⠀"Dainsleif." I said to get his attention. "I know you used to meet up with Aether."

⠀⠀⠀He looked to the side.

⠀⠀⠀"I used to travel by Aether's side. Why was I never allowed to tag along?"

⠀⠀⠀"That's... difficult to explain, Your Majesty."

⠀⠀⠀I sighed. Something's going on.

⠀⠀⠀"This is another part of that guy's Aether's bullshit, isn't it?" Scaramouche said annoyed.

⠀⠀⠀"I understand your confusion and I truly wish I could explain it all to you but not only am I running out of time right now but everything is much more complicated than you'd think... especially since.. you can't remember anything." Dain spoke softly.

⠀⠀⠀"W-well what do you mean you're running out of time? Running out of time to do what?" I asked again, more confused than I was before.

⠀⠀⠀Dain got up from the log we placed down around the campfire, he bowed with his hand behind his back again and left.

⠀⠀⠀"We'll cross paths again, I promise. I'm sorry." was the last thing he's said before disappearing behind the nearest boulder.

⠀⠀⠀His tone was soft and warm tinted with concern.

⠀⠀⠀I looked down and placed my head in my palms. I'm so confused.
⠀⠀⠀There's so much happening in such short notice I can't keep up.

⠀⠀⠀Sacramouche scooted closer to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me in closer.

⠀⠀⠀I don't know what I'm supposed to do from here... I'm clueless
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀