CHAPTER 4 ' Memories

⠀⠀⠀"Where were you? Did you follow me? I told you to stay here. I thought those dickheads from the Fatui got their hands on you."
⠀⠀⠀My eyes met Scaramouche who was desperately holding onto me.
His tone was cold.

⠀⠀⠀"You were late. I thought something happened to you! I kept hearing footsteps in the forest but every time I went to check it was just some stupid animal. I got sick of it so I tried to come and find you. Then I heard you shout my name and I came back as soon as possible. Why did you leave?"
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀"Sorry. Are you okay? You look like you're about to cry."

⠀⠀⠀He didn't take his eyes off me for a second during the whole interaction. "Don't freak me out like that." He said after slowly letting go of my upper arms.

⠀⠀⠀He looked at the ground, he seemed to be upset. What was I supposed to do?! I got closer to him and tried to comfort him. I grabbed one of his hands and held it in mine. He didn't say anything, he didn't push me off like before. Instead, Scaramouche squeezed my hand and didn't let go. He didn't look at me, he just looked at the ground.

⠀⠀⠀The sudden affection made me heart skip three beats and made my blood rush through my whole body. I was so flustered I wanted to just go and hide under a tree. I would've done so but Scaramouche probably would not have let me go anyway.

⠀⠀⠀He sighed and got up. Normally I'd be happy he felt a bit better but honestly I was longing to hold his hand once more. "Don't do that anymore. Be punctual." Scaramouche replied as if nothing has happened.

⠀⠀⠀"The food." He demanded again. "You still have to make me the food."

⠀⠀⠀"Yes." I replied

⠀⠀⠀I set up everything next to the place I cooked at last time but...
⠀⠀⠀"Hey, you. Cook here." Scaramouche shouted. I nodded and moved everything next to the main fire place and started cooking.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche sat next to me the whole time and watched every move I made, from start to finish.
⠀⠀⠀I served him the Dango on a plate, with a flower again, and took a seat next to him. He placed the plate on his lap and started chewing on the sweets.
⠀⠀⠀I caught him peaking at me from time to time but I didn't say anything... I didn't want to embarras him.

⠀⠀⠀I did catch him peaking but, archons, I was full on staring at him. Maybe he thought I was weird and that's why he kept turning his gaze back at me... I couldn't stop looking at him though. He was really... pretty. He had such beautiful eyes and such long eyelashes. His hair looked so soft and it perfectly framed Scaramouche's face. Each hand movement was so precise and the way he looked at me made my heart flutter.
⠀⠀⠀Not only was he really handsome but he was really intelligent as well. I can't imagine how he managed to get that machine he fought against us with up and running.
⠀⠀⠀I really couldn't stop staring in awe...

⠀⠀⠀"Stop looking at me like that." Scaramouche said. Fuck. So it was obvious...

⠀⠀⠀I tried to play it off by saying there was something in the water behind him that I was staring at but he's smart enough to figure out that's a lie.
⠀⠀⠀So I just decided to look up at the sky instead.

⠀⠀⠀It was pretty cloudy today. Big gray clouds were covering the surface of the sky, blocking out most of the sunlight. That upsets me... I love clouds but I needed some light right now. I felt pretty alone even though I had someone next to me.
⠀⠀⠀All this time I just fought by Aether's side and helped him in his journey... I felt like I owed him one since he saved me from almost dying...

⠀⠀⠀I remember how I woke up on the top of that hill in Mond... Starsnatch Cliff. It was covered in flowers... I later found out they're called Cecilias. They're very pretty. That's beside the point.
⠀⠀⠀I don't know how I got there and where I was before but I know that when I woke up I had no memories of who I was... Or anything that has happened to me in the past.

⠀⠀⠀I couldn't even remember my name and apparently no one else knew who I was either... I had to give myself a new name. Y/N.

⠀⠀⠀When I woke up on the cliff I remember I couldn't walk well. My legs were sore and so was my back. It was hard but eventually I managed to move forward and down the cliff.

⠀⠀⠀The weather was cloudy back then too.

⠀⠀⠀I got close to a temple when a Whopperflower attacked me. I didn't have any weapons on me and I was still in a really weak condition.

⠀⠀⠀The flower wounded me and was about to finish me off when Aether came out of nowhere and lended me a hand. I promised I would help him from that point on. I considered him a hero.

⠀⠀⠀But when I saw how he didn't even bother to check up on Scaramouche I noticed that all he wanted was to get out of there and get what he wanted.
⠀⠀⠀I could sort of understand, but he was the one to tell me everyone deserves a chance... What happened now?
⠀⠀⠀I didn't know what his deal was, frankly I didn't ask. I heard something about his sister from time to time but I didn't know if I was allowed to ask more about the situation causing me to just followed him blindly.
⠀⠀⠀But I still feel like he should've at least checked on Scaramouche. Especially since he fell on his head.

⠀⠀⠀In that moment I felt as if it was my time to help someone just like how Aether helped me. Maybe I was wrong to do so but as for now I find that everything is going... Well... not smoothly...

... but it's going okay.