CHAPTER 5 ' Hoax

⠀⠀⠀I was completely absorbed by the sky. The sky once ruled by light now covered in a blanket of darkness.

⠀⠀⠀"The sky is a hoax." Scaramouche said out of nowhere, after he noticed me looking up at the sky for so long. I looked down at him. "Huh?"

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche adjusted his position on the tree trunk and looked at me. He gave me a nod then he turned around to face the sky once more. "The sky, the stars, the Moon and the Sun. They're all fake. They're not what they seem. They're not what you think they are." He reached out to the sky with his left hand and just stared at it. "Don't bother with it. Don't bother spending time on lies fed to you by everyone you've ever known. They don't know better."

⠀⠀⠀"How do you kno-"

⠀⠀⠀"This world is filled with mysteries and questions without answer. If they do have an answer, it's usually buried far too deep to be remembered or found by anyone. Foolish mortals spend their dumb lives looking for answers but they never ask the right questions. They waste years and years until they eventually die without having answered or accomplished anything. They die clueless of what this horrid world hides. Idiotic. Though, it might be better for them this way. I doubt such close minded people could handle the truth Teyvat hides. I know this all sounds like just another elaborate lie. It's hard to believe. But I've been around long enough to know what I am talking about... "

⠀⠀⠀I was speechless he said so much in so little time and I could barely keep up with all the information.

⠀⠀⠀"You. You're different from the people on this world. And that's because you're not from it."

⠀⠀⠀I felt my heart sink. I knew I didn't belong. But hearing it from Scaramouche made me realise that what I feared was indeed true. Something in the tone of his voice made me believe that what he's saying is true.

⠀⠀⠀"Where am I fro-"
⠀⠀⠀"I don't know." Scaramouche interrupted me. "Or maybe I do." He smirked. "That's for you to find out."

⠀⠀⠀"Many things have happened here on Teyvat that people wish to forget. Incidents." He got up and looked down at me. "You must be one of them. Fascinating. There's so much potential in you. You're special compared to these lowly mortals. Use that to your advantage."

⠀⠀⠀He reached forward and grabbed me by the hand. He started laughing. He had such an amazing laugh... He looked at me... and he kept looking at me. We kept eye contact for a minute or two. We slowly swayed from left to right.
⠀⠀⠀He had me wrapped around his fingertips. What was happening? He's been so monotone since we got here and now this is happening.

⠀⠀⠀My stomach turned upside down. I knew this wasn't anything good but I was caught in a trance.

⠀⠀⠀"You poor thing." Scaramouche chuckled. He leaned in closer with a smirk on his face as he grabbed my other hand, whispering in my ear. "I don't need saving. I never did. You were foolish enough to get involved with me. Now, if you leave, you'll pay with your heart, soul and being."

⠀⠀⠀I froze in place but gasped when I felt his warm breath brush against my neck. I think I saw 3 sides of this man in less than a day.
⠀⠀⠀I was worried.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche leaned back to look me in the eyes once again, lightning striking through them. "You have so much potential but you're driven by your heart... by your emotions. So stupid. Such a disappointment... to be face to face with such a fascinating being yet knowing that their loving nature might be the thing that gets them killed."

⠀⠀⠀Now he looked at me as if I was walking trash. He looked at me as if I was a blood sucking bug.
⠀⠀⠀He let go of my hands and backed away from me. I was so confused, I didn't know what to do so I just stayed there and followed him with my eyes.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche licked his teeth and headed towards the forest. "Don't follow me."

⠀⠀⠀The last thing I saw
was him waving at me as he
dissappeared into the forest...