CHAPTER 16 ' Tranquillity

A.N. -a bit of a more relaxed chapter.
--

Light dissappeared as the moon let its shadow fall over all of Teyvat.

⠀⠀⠀I didn't know where we were. It wasn't Sumeru. The atmosphere was...different. It was tense.

⠀⠀⠀We were in front of a domain, a small body of water sitting in front of it.

⠀⠀⠀My skin was still tingling and the skin of my neck was still sensitive from... the biting. Even so I'd be lying to myself if I said I didn't enjoy... all of that.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche was sitting down on a rock in the middle of the small pond. He was sitting there in complete silence, with his legs crossed and his hands on his knees.

⠀⠀⠀I tried to get up, though my legs were still weak.

⠀⠀⠀"Scara?"

⠀⠀⠀"Mmh." He replied as he turned his head around to set his gaze upon me. "You finally got back on your legs, huh?... hah."

⠀⠀⠀"You replied."

⠀⠀⠀"Hm? Oh. Ah... Shut up."

⠀⠀⠀"Do it yourself." I chuckled.

⠀⠀⠀"You'd love that, wouldn't you? Haha." He laughed again, lowering his head to gaze at the water once more. "We are in Inazuma since you were probably wondering." Scaramouche continued.
⠀⠀⠀"Here's where I first set foot on the grounds of Teyvat. This is the place where I experienced my first betrayal."

⠀⠀⠀"Oh... I'm sorry. But- But then... Why are we here?"

⠀⠀⠀"Well you see." Scaramouche placed his foot down in the water beneath. "I'm replacing my old... experiences... with better ones. Of course I won't be able to forget or forgive anything that has happened before but visiting these dark places with you by my side is somewhat... therapeutic... Isn't that amusing?"

⠀⠀⠀I didn't know what there was to laugh at in this situation but I decided to let him continue talking without interrupting.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm not scared of the Archons finding me. I'm not afraid of coming face to face with the Fatui even after being considered a traitor... As long as I have you by my side, I'm more powerful than any of the individuals who shall ever have the misfortune to come in contact with me. It's all so thrilling. Haha.. Hahaha!!"

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche grabbed me by the hands, he almost looked hysteric.

⠀⠀⠀"Y/N... Now that I have you... I feel more powerful than ever before..."

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, I-"

⠀⠀⠀"Y/N... I'll always be by your side. Always, always, always. I'll never let you go..."

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche, what are you doing?!"

⠀⠀⠀"Tell me you'd do the same for me." Scaramouche said under his breath, placing a hand on my cheek. "You would, wouldn't you?"

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche. Please let go of me for a bit."

⠀⠀⠀"Y/N..."

⠀⠀⠀"What has gotten into you again?"

⠀⠀⠀"I just said I won't let you go... You're just so precious to me, you know? And by being by your side I realised that... I've never felt so... alive. I feel as if my power has grown exponentially. Do you know what this means?"

⠀⠀⠀"You're genuinely freaking me out, God."

⠀⠀⠀"Hah ..." He sighed. "No need to freak out. I just wanted to say that...now... we can do whatever we want without having to suffer any consequences."