CHAPTER 18 ' Answers

⠀⠀⠀"Excuse me? What make sense?"

⠀⠀⠀"Hm? Ah. Your nightmare -I mean you being from Khaenri'ah, the region of no Gods. Hah. The so called... pride of humankind."

⠀⠀⠀" Khaenri'ah? What? Scaramouche could you bother explaining this to me? "

⠀⠀⠀" You've always had this... aura- like you were out of this world in a way... Apparently you're just from a region that's way too different from what everyone else is used to. You see, Khaenri'ah was destroyed by Celestia and the Gods years and years ago. The Cataclysm. Since so different from the regions reigned by the Seven Archons, the people of Khaenri'ah had always had a... stellar aura. "

⠀⠀⠀" But... it doesn't make sense... If The Cataclysm, as you said, happened years ago... why did I wake up just a year ago? And why would the Archons destroy Khaenri'ah? "

⠀⠀⠀" So many questions to answer... how exhausting. I don't know what happened to you all these years yet but, unfortunately, I have a feeling its very similar to what happened to the travellers sister. And as for the disaster, I don't know everything. After I was discarded I had my own tragedies to deal with. Nobody in Teyvat likes to talk about the fall of Khaenri'ah... And if they do, they don't talk a lot. The Archons wish to forget everything about it so it's not worth asking them. They won't answer. "

⠀⠀⠀"... Too much. Wait-Aether's sister! You know about her? "

⠀⠀⠀" Why would that be important?Whatever, you've surely heard of the Abyss Order, haven't you? "

⠀⠀⠀" I... have. "

⠀⠀⠀" Good. After the incident in Khaenri'ah it's said that many of its inhabitants have turned into the monsters you see roaming around now, all forming the Abyss Order. The travellers sister is affiliated with them in one way or the other. That, I'm not entirely sure of. "

⠀⠀⠀" Okay... About the disaster... you said you don't know everything. That means you know something... Please tell me. "

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche sighed. " The life in Khaenri'ah wasn't diverse. That's where the Art of Khemia came in. "

⠀⠀⠀" The art of Khemia? "

⠀⠀⠀" A form of alchemy. The creation of life... An alchemist with a never-ending desire to create more life and creatures more powerful than anything seen before led to the destruction of the rulers of the kingdom, also playing a major part in the destruction of Khaenri'ah as a whole. "

⠀⠀⠀" How do you... know so much? "

⠀⠀⠀" I know a lot. I spent too much time alone in this prison. I had enough time on my hands to study every book that has ever piqued my interest... That and... some other things. One of them being that I'm the all knowing God. "

⠀⠀⠀I looked down at the ground. I didn't know what to do with my body anymore. What was I? Was I just an impurity on the grounds of Teyvat...

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche placed his hand under my head, making me look back at him. " Yes. You are seen as someone who doesn't belong... An impurity... But you're the perfect impurity. Who cares what any moron thinks of you... hm? You... you're fascinating. Truly. And I... I understand how it feels like. Not belonging... not being able to fit in properly. You're not alone as long as you have me here. And... I'm not alone anymore either. "

⠀⠀⠀He knew exactly what I was thinking of... How does he do it... but... I'm glad do have him near... I'm glad I wasn't alone. But now... I wanted to find Aether's sister. I want to know about myself. If what Scaramouche is saying is right then she might be able to fill in the gaps...

⠀⠀⠀Or maybe an old friend of mine...

⠀⠀⠀I processed the information and got back on my feet. I had plenty of time on my hands to deal with all of this later. I couldn't waste too much time just thinking about everything right now. The day is still young and I had plans for the day. I won't let a Nightmare or.... a memory like that ruin my whole day. I have to stay composed.

⠀⠀⠀I thanked Scaramouche for all the information and pulled him up by the hand.

⠀⠀⠀" I told you I have plans today, right? "

⠀⠀⠀" Are you sure? " He replied, almost concerned.

⠀⠀⠀" Yes. Come on! We want to make the most of it. "

⠀⠀⠀It was sunny outside surprisingly. It was a surprisingly nice day. I haven't experienced many of those while I was in Inazuma.

⠀⠀⠀Thankfully, since the summer was in bloom then the Summer Festival should also be right around the corner.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche said he wanted to partake in one of the festivals as any other person would, without driving the others away with his presence. Maybe today was the day! I hope it was.

⠀⠀⠀At first we just went for a walk, trying as much as possible to stay away from the eyes of the others for a while.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche held onto me, onto my wrist instead of my hand. It was sweet, he never once let go.

⠀⠀⠀I always think that something good comes out of tragedies, and today was one of the examples. Because of my dream we both woke up so early, we managed to catch the sunrise.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche was silent most of the time. Usually I would be concerned but every time I looked at him I could see a small smile painted on his lips.

⠀⠀⠀"Where are we going?" He finally asked.

⠀⠀⠀"Just walking around for now! I'm planning on taking you to the Summer festival later today though!" I smiled.

⠀⠀⠀When I looked over to Scaramouche his eyes were glistening. He genuinely seemed... happy.

⠀⠀⠀"You said you wanted to go to a festival right? This might be out first chance! I can't wait to take you to the Lantern Rite in Liyue. Have you heard of it?"

⠀⠀⠀"Obviously I have. But again, never got the chance to take part."

⠀⠀⠀" Well, we absolutely have to go. It's one of my favourite festivals. You'll like it! I think..."

⠀⠀⠀" Thank you. " He muttered.

⠀⠀⠀I chuckled again and continued on with our walk.

⠀⠀⠀I'm surprised Scaramouche wasn't tense at all to be back in Inazuma again. He did say that he's not afraid of anything as long as "I'm next to him" but I just took that as a metaphor.

⠀⠀⠀It might be scarier for me to be back in Inazuma than for Scaramouche. The whole experience was just... a lot. However, now that we're here we better make the most of it.

And I'll be sure
Scaramouche enjoys
himself as well!
⠀⠀⠀