CHAPTER 11 ' Thoughts

「 Scaramouche's point of view 」

⠀⠀⠀Here I was, giving myself another chance at love after swearing I would never do such a thing again.

⠀⠀⠀But how could they love a puppet. Love a prototype, a mistake thrown away by its own creator.

⠀⠀⠀Why would they want to spend their time with me. I'm pathetic. I lost against the traveller even though I had a metal armour 10 times his size. I couldn't even protect the gnosis, how could I protect a human life. It's happened before, what's different now?

⠀⠀⠀Yet here I was. Walking around in circles, waiting for an idea to pop up in my mind so I can make Y/N stay.

⠀⠀⠀I do not care if they feel the same. When I'm by their side I'm not as alone anymore. This is all their fault. All their fault for making me feel this way.

⠀⠀⠀I had little to no hope considering how many times I've been thrown away before. But I could not back up.

⠀⠀⠀They said she wants to help me. They said they want to fix me...heal me. How could they ever help something that's been broken for years now. They can't. But they were the only one who tried.

⠀⠀⠀I picked up my pace and ran deep in the cave while the wind was still fighting the trees outside.

⠀⠀⠀I almost wanted to start laughing. This situation was all so... stupid. I left my guard down again for some... human that was willing to "help" me and cook me sweets.

⠀⠀⠀I hate humans. I hate mortal life. They're all so tainted. Everything is so corrupt... But I never felt that energy from her. Y/N wasn't tainted by the ugliness of this world. Y/N was ethereal.

⠀⠀⠀I was deep in the cave now but I saw no sign of them. Y/N wasnowhere to be seen. I entered the tiny round houses one by one looking for them. I kept looking and looking until I found them sitting by the side of a pond with their feet in the water, slowly swaying side by side.

⠀⠀⠀"Y/N..." I whispered to myself, making my way towards them.

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche...Hey." Y/N replied, not looking up at me.

⠀⠀⠀I paused a bit in front of them.

⠀⠀⠀"Do not do that again." I said softly.

⠀⠀⠀They still didn't look up at me. They didn't say anything either. Y/N kept swaying.

⠀⠀⠀"I'm sorry I tried to help." Y/N finally replied.

⠀⠀⠀I felt as if my soul dropped to the bottom of my body.

⠀⠀⠀But in a way I understood what they meant. It was too late for me to be healed. It was too late for me to become who I was before. I was mainly driven by fury, a fury which could not be contained... What could they do?

⠀⠀⠀"I still want to try though." Y/N eventually continued.

⠀⠀⠀Why...

⠀⠀⠀Their words rang through my head.

⠀⠀⠀"Why would you? You can't. I cannot be helped. It's to late for such foolish things."

⠀⠀⠀"That's okay. I'm willing to try. I'm sure it might help... at least a bit."

⠀⠀⠀Their words were coated in honey. How sweet... mesmerising... How admirable.

⠀⠀⠀"You're clearly out of your mind." I laughed.

⠀⠀⠀Y/N sighed, finally looking up at me.

⠀⠀⠀"Look who's talking..." They laughed. "You know... You're weird... but your company is comforting... sort of." They continued.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't follow."

⠀⠀⠀"You don't have to." Y/N replied sweetly. "I like you Scaramouche."

⠀⠀⠀"You like me?" I asked, almost unsure I heard that properly.

⠀⠀⠀"I do."

⠀⠀⠀"Pathetic."

⠀⠀⠀. . .

⠀⠀⠀Though I liked them too.

⠀⠀⠀Those words were too heavy to say out loud... but I liked them too. So much.
⠀⠀⠀I could not say it yet. I couldn't.

⠀⠀⠀But if I could... I'd give them the "stars" in the sky, I would pick the moon off the sky and place it in their palms, I would create a new realm to make sure they'll be mine.

⠀⠀⠀I want them to be all mine...

⠀⠀⠀All I was before was an empty vessel roaming the grounds of this world alone. Now I have them. And I don't want them to go. I cannot let them go.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀The moment I hit the ground I felt as if I lost my last battle, I was ready to give up on this shit excuse of a life. Then Y/N appeared. The light everyone needs in their life... But now they're the light in mine... Mine alone.

⠀⠀⠀If anyone ever dares to take the.. away from me... May the Archons bless their souls because what I'll do to them will be written down in the Teyvat history books. I might be considered a brute but I'd do anything to keep them by my side. Anything.

⠀⠀⠀The things I would do to Y/N... I mean... for them.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I sat down. Desperately trying to ignore everything I've just thought of. I looked at them, admiring them from top to bottom, every feature every inch... perfect. Everything.

⠀⠀⠀"Don't stare..." Y/N chuckled.

⠀⠀⠀I couldn't help it.

⠀⠀⠀

... Gods, how I wanted them.