ix. tears

he plopped on the couch and tried to take a nap but you'd to interrupt him. he's tired. you took him for shopping, to temples, museums and restaurants. both of yours day passed by like that.

"you need to try on your new clothes" you said.

"okay!" he stood up, excited but oh boy...

HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WEAR CLOTHES! they don't teach that on moon.

with four bags in your hands, you gave one bag to him and told him to change. but to your terror, he asked how.

your brain buffered for a second and you asked "you don't know how to put on these?".

he nodded. your mom should've been here. this is the moment where you miss her the most.

hesitantly, you said "i'll help you but only once."

"take that shirt off first" you pointed towards his shirt. it cannot be called a shirt though but you don't know what he calls it. but it makes him look like an angel.

but he isn't. he's a dumb devil for making you do this. never ever in your life, you'd thought you would help a man change his clothes.

"how to? i've been wearing this since i was born. no one told me to change this" he said, a little sad.

"changing clothes are for hygiene. you can't wear that for decades! so, i will take that off for you" you said.

can't lie, your eyes became so big after seeing his body. the urge to ask if he used to work out escalated quickly. it's probably his natural abs, you thought.

"now. the pants. just pull it down, it's that easy" you said and he did as you said.

"now, let's wear these pants. hold it like this. your right leg goes in this hole and the left here. after that, pull it up to your hips, got it?" you basically guided him.

he did as you told him to.

"does it fit? is it loose?" you asked him but he simply said an i don't know.

"next, this shirt" you said and struggled with putting it on him. your mind kept on going blank.

"finally. now the buttons. there's a hole for each buttons. you put half of a button into this hole and there you go! your shirt's buttoned up"

he nodded, listening and understanding everything you said and did. at least, he is focused.

you made him try on all of them. the turtleneck came out loose for him. the t-shirts were meh. the sweaters looked good on him and the pants fitted him well.

you ate dinner at 10 pm while he slept on the couch. he looked comfortable but you didn't let him sleep there. you took him to his room.

"the couch's smaller than your bed here and this is more comfortable" you said.

you turned off the lights and closed the door. you thought he will sleep. you took your book to read and started from where you last read. minutes later, he stood behind your couch and tried to read the page.

"what are you r-" before he could complete his words, you screamed with all your might, backed off, hit your leg on the table and the glass vase with the hydrangea flowers fell and broke.

that night, you took your list of 'Reasons to hate him' and added the 5th reason, "he broke my one and only vase".