happy birthday.💌

It was the day before my 18th birthday, and me, Chris, Nick, Matt, Alahna and Madi were all sitting in the Sturniolos' living room, talking. 

"It's my birthday tomorrow, do you guys wanna go and eat out or something?" I ask them. 

"Oh, well...I'm kinda busy tomorrow with my parents." Alahna says awkwardly, glancing at everyone. 

"Same, I need to return some stuff at the mall." Madi says, not making eye-contact with me.

"Oh, okay. It's fine, maybe another time." I say, going quiet. I look down at my phone and I can feel them looking at me. Why? Why are they all busy on my birthday? Are they avoiding me? Do they not like me? Even my own boyfriend, Chris? 

"Well, I have editing to do, but you can come over afterwards?" Nick says, tapping my shoulder. I look up and smile gratefully.

"Sure." 

I woke up the next day to a load of notifications on every app. People were tagging me in tiktok edits of me and the triplets, people were mentioning me on their stories, and my DMs were full of happy birthday messages. 

I go to my closet and take out some decent clothes. Even though I don't have anywhere to go or anything exciting to do, but I might as well celebrate my own birthday. I was still a bit upset after yesterday, but it was fine. Alahna and Madi sent me happy birthday messages, and Matt had called me, but Chris hadn't. Nick had told me he was busy so I understood he probably didn't have time.

⚠️💕Girls Only💕⚠️

Madi💞:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N <3

Alahna💞:
HAPPY BDAY GAL
LOV U

Me:
aww thanks guys <3

~

I put on a sweatshirt and skirt, and the new pair of Converse I had ordered. I did a vanilla girl makeup look, and then went downstairs to make my iced coffee. 

For the past 2 hours, I had been replying to DMs and facetiming my family, who were living in the UK. I had just got off the facetime and was about to go for a walk, but then Nick rang my phone. 

"Hey Y/n, d'you wanna come over?" He asks me quickly, his voice sounding distant. I hear a crash of what sounds like boxes on the phone.

"Sure, what was that noise? Are you okay?" I ask curiously.

"Yup, I'm fine." He says abruptly.

"Do you know where Chris is? He hasn't replied to my messages." 

"He's just...busy. Anyway see you in a bit." He says and cuts the call. What was he trying to do? He didn't even say anything about my birthday? What's going on? What is he hiding? And where the hell is Chris?

I was contemplating the decision of not going to the triplets' house. After all, they were practically ignoring me. But, I didn't. I got an Uber to their house, and it looked suspicious. All of the blinds and curtains were closed, so you couldn't see inside. I went and rung the doorbell, and Matt opened it. 

"Oh hey, how are you?" He said in a chill tone. 

"Fine, I suppose. Do you know where Chris is?" I ask, since that's been on my mind all morning.

"Well, I'm pretty sure he's in the living room, follow me." Matt says and leads me through the hallway to the living room. Why won't he reply if he's literally in the living room?! 

When we get to the living room, the lights are off. When Matt turns the light on, I get the biggest shock ever. 

"Surprise!!" Everyone shouts at me. There was Nate, Madi, Oliver, Nessa, Malcolm, Trilly, Alahna, Chase, Nick and Chris. They were all wearing party hats and some of them had party horns and confetti blasters, which they had blown up as I walked in. 

"Happy Birthday Y/n!" They all say one by one, coming and giving me hugs, including Chris. I was so happy that they weren't mad at me or something yesterday. 

"Hey, I have a dress for you upstairs. Do you wanna wear it?" Madi asks me, gesturing to everyone's clothes. They were all wearing party attire and I was just a casual sort of girl in the crowd. 

"Sure." I go to the guest room and saw the most gorgeous dress ever. It was slightly above knee-length, it was silky royal red, it was full-sleeved with puffed shoulders, and the skirt was flowy. There was also some matching red boots to go with it. I got changed into it and went downstairs. 

"Oh. My. God. YOU LOOK GORGEOUS!" Nessa and Madi both say to me.

"Chris is gonna love you!" Alahna also says, smirking. 

I go back to the living room, and look around. It looked completely transformed; they had removed the sofas and got a whole dance floor and disco ball, they had made the kitchen into a food bar, there was an area for gifts, and there was banners and balloons everywhere. Everyone was dancing and talking, and when I walked in, Chris immediately came over to me. 

"You look...gorgeous." He said, blushing. He gave me a kiss and sat down on a chair, and gestured me to do the same. I did so and he spoke to me.

"Do you like it?" He asks me admiringly.

"I love it." I say to him, smiling. Nate comes over and speaks to us. 

"Hey Y/n, you look nice. Chris, do you know where the cans of soda are?" He says. I go to the dance floor and start dancing with Alahna, Nick and Madi. 

"Woohoo!!Go girl!" Nick screams, hyping us up. I decide to go and annoy Chris by making him dance. He's not fond of dancing, so I thought it would be funny if I made him dance. I go over to him and pull his arm. 

"C'mon! Let's dance!" I squealed enthusiastically. 

"No..." He whined like a child.

"Please?" I say and look him in the eyes.

"Fine. You're lucky I love you." He sighs, standing up. 

"I really am." I smile and start to dance with him.