Chapter 2

By the time my plane lands in Daegu, I've realized 3 things :

1) I need to hurry up and rewrite my list of resolutions.
2) Babies should be forever banned from all flights.
3) Some people think sharing a seat means they have to tell their entire life story to you.

I've learned more about the complexities of shoveling cow dung than I'll ever need to know thanks to the man who was sitting next to me

"I hope I didn't bore you too much with my talk, young lady." He smiles as he stands up, "If you're ever in Gangneung, remember to visit my ranch. I'll show you how to make the finest manure you've ever seen."
"I will definitely do that." I wait for him to walk away and look over my shoulder. Several passengers have yet to get off the plane so I'll wait to get up. My next flight won't board for another few hours.

Pulling out my phone, I notice that I have new voice mails. Before I can see who they're from, my best friend Jimin's face flashes across the screen.

 Before I can see who they're from, my best friend Jimin's face flashes across the screen

"Hey, Jimin."
"Hey Jimin?" He mocks me, "Where are you?"
"Um..." I hesitate.
"Um? It's Friday and I'm at Starbucks, ready to listen to a week's worth of 'Fuck Adam' talk. I practically look forward to this every week."
"What? No, you don't!"
"Of course, I don't. Seriously though, where are you? Are you close by?" He scoffs.
"Is Daegu considered close by?"

The line is suddenly silent. Then I hear him laughing, laughing hysterically.

"Is that the name of a new restaurant downtown? What street is it on? I'm on my way."
"Daegu as in, Daegu city, Jimin." My voice cracks a bit. I get up from my seat and start to go down the flight. I have to wait in a waiting area till my next flight line up.
"What?!"
"I um...I decided to leave Adam this morning. I don't want to marry him."
"Then you could've just said you didn't want to marry him. You didn't have to fly out of the city to make your point." He sighs, and then he gets into his overprotective mode, "How long do you plan to be gone?"
"2 weeks."

"2 weeks? Do you have any money? Did you tell your boss?" He sounds shocked.
"No. And I kinda told my boss to fuck-off a couple hours ago."
"Should I assume that Adam has no idea that you're in Daegu?"
"You should." I can practically picture him shaking his head and crossing his arms. Even though we've been best friends for over a decade, whenever I'm upset he treats me like I'm his little sister. And he hates Adam. Always has.
"Okay. I'll have my secretary wire you a couple thousand. Is Daegu your final destination?"
"Itaewon."