45| not the same

Začít od začátku

Not anymore, at least.

But he was.

We are strangers to one another. That just so happens to have a past with each other.

"Thank you." he says, taking the coffee from her. When she exits the room, I finally realize the ache in my jaw is due to how hard I was clenching my jaw.

"You alright, Miss Fane?" Amusement filled his tone.

"Of course." I snap slightly and turn to look him in the eyes. "We'll meet again Thursday to finish everything." August says coldly, getting up from his seat.

His hazel eyes were filled with emotion, but I couldn't tell which one.

Standing, I give him a slight nod. August opens his mouth to say something but snaps it shut and clenches his hand in a tight fist at his side.

I leave without another word.

***

The stupid heels Alyssa had let me use hit the floor of my auto shop. I ripped the suit jacket off, feeling like I was suffocating in it.

The familiar ache in my chest almost had me clawing at it. I hated everything about this crushing feeling. My chest was so tight that it was like I was drowning, and my body refused to take a breath, afraid that water would fill my empty lungs.

Thankfully, the auto shop was empty when I got there. I didn't want to go home in case Alyssa was there. Everyone thinks I have moved on, but the truth is, I haven't, and I don't think I ever will.

August was the only one who showed me what love felt like. He taught me so many things without knowing.

He was my savior and protector. And I was my own villain.

Stopping in my tracks when I see one of my workers. Quickly shoving all of the emotion deep down.

Her messy blond hair was put up in a bun. Her head rests on a work table. This was normal for Octavia.

In the past months that I have known her, we have gotten close. Sometime I'll let her stay here for the night because she doesn't have a good life at home.

Her dark-framed glasses look like they are about to fall off of her face.

"Octavia." I say, kicking the table leg. Her head flies up, and she looks around, slightly confused.

I laugh lightly at her. Her mouth was formed into a thin line. "That's it! I fucking quit." She grumbles and stands to her feet.

This makes me laugh even more. She is a very grumpy person, at least when she is woken up.

Octavia is gorgeous. She has deep dimples on both cheeks and freckles covering her skin. Her thighs were thick and her hips wide. Her hair went to about her waist, maybe even longer.

She was wearing a grey zip-up hoodie and some leggings. I never understood how she never seemed to get her clothes dirty.

She works in a auto shop for fuck sakes.

"Sure, Miss Grumpy." I laugh. Octavia shakes her head as she looks at the time. I hear her cures under her breath.

"I need to get home. I'll see you tomorrow, right?" She asked, picking up her things.

I nod with a sigh. "When am I not working?" I joke, but it's not really a joke. I work overtime almost every day just to not feel the overwhelming guilt and hatred I have for myself.

A sad smile forms on her face.

She knows everything.

She is the only person who knows what I said to August. I was afraid that if I told Owen and Alyssa, or any of them, they would hate me as much as I hate myself.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Her brows furrow as she thinks.

"No thank you, I can walk." She speaks softly as she grips her arm. I shake my head at her and pull out my keys.

Octavia hates the way she looks. She told me that throughout her school years, kids made fun of her because of her weight.

Which I find dumb as fuck because she is one of the most gorgeous people I know.

"No, it's late, and I'm heading home anyway." I lied, well, not fully; it's late, so it's partially the truth. When she goes to argue with me, I interrupt her.

"If you don't let me drive you home, I will fire you." I threaten. Octavia rolls her eyes at me. "God, I hate you." I laugh. We act like we're sisters.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

Hope y'all like Octavia cause you guys are going to see her a lot more

How is everyone doing?

Sorry I haven't been posting much I'm still a bit sick but I just felt like writing to day so if it's not the best I'm sorry.

Anyways

Who's excited for Christmas?