I knew there was something odd about Luka but I would have never imagined this outcome. The very thought sent creeping shivers down my back.

   I am engaged to marry a corpse?

   It is unnerving to think about but I am disgusted that someone would disturb the dead in such a manner. It is cruel and disrespectful to the soul of that vessel. I cannot imagine what Luka's—if that even is his name—sister is going through at the moment.

   What could Hawkmoth get out of using Luka? What pieces of this puzzle are we missing in this mystery? How are my parents involved with this too?

   "So..." I started, unsure how to continue for a moment, "...is there a reason you are telling me this now?"

   "I apologize. I was still gathering information on Lord Couffaine to find out the reason for his...appearance. You are not the only curious one but I lack some information and I still am. I do have a theory though," Rose explained, "I was wondering if you have seen anything suspicious about Luka."

   "Yes, I have," I answered, "At times when we were alone together, he would...shift into some other character for a split second and send secret hints of pleas to me."

   Rose paused and frowned.

   "I was afraid you would say something like that," the blonde said, making me worry. The knot in my chest tightened.

   "Whatever do you mean?" I asked.

   "It is a forbidden form of dark magic from the necromancy chapter. It is an advanced spell called spiritry. With man's last breath, a magic user can perform a spell that traps a soul in a recently deceased body and uses it to their bidding," Rose explained.

   She emitted a ghastly aura that could make even the bravest knight cower.

   "Like a puppet," I spoke.

   This earned a nod of confirmation from Rose, "I am afraid that Luka's soul may be trapped in his own body."

   I did not say another word. I did not know what to say about this...this horrendous situation. This was terrible! It is really hard to fathom. Who on earth could be so vile as to torture a soul?

   "I...I do not know what to say..." I trailed off in disbelief. I hardly knew the man but I felt sympathy toward him.

   "It is alright. You do not have to speak a word. We are going to save Luka but the only way to do so is to cut the bond between him and his master," Rose replied, "Of course, we would need to know who his master is."

   "And how do you propose we do all of that?" I asked.

   "Once we have found his master, there are only two ways we can free Luka. We can either forge an enchanted sword and cut the bond with it or we would have to permanently eliminate the master," Rose explained.

   My eyes expanded in surprise at the second option. It made sense but it did not seem like the right choice to make. I know whoever is Luka's manipulator is diabolical but they are still human, whether they are a magic user or not. Besides, I would much rather have them suffer in a cell than take the easy way out.

   "We shall try the first option. How long do you think forging an enchanted sword will take?" I asked.

   Rose shrugged her shoulders, "I have not a clue but I am sure my mentor can forge one faster than any average witch or wizard our age can."

   By the way Rose spoke about her teacher, I could hear her faith and optimism. She has complete trust in her teacher.

   "You must really look up to your mentor," I commented. Though it was dark, the tint of pink on Rose's cheeks and a fond smile did not go unseen by me.