Chapter 23- Candies [Edited]

❝𝗪𝗮𝘀 𝗜 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲? 𝗢𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗜 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲?❞

[    C  A  N    I    B  E    H  A  P  P  Y  ?    ]

. . .

SHOTO TODOROKI WAS CONFUSED.

His friend—Izuku insists they call themselves friends, which Shoto, secretly content with the title, complied to—came into the library, their normal meeting stop, looking like a zombie lacking the will to live.

In the book, 'Learning Emotions with The Detached' by BlueeBlob, chapter 1, page 6, Shoto learnt that having a slouchy back can lead you to having terrible posture and back pain as you get older, but he also learnt that it can also mean that someone is tired, or maybe an artist.

Izuku wasn't an artist.

So...he was tired?

The book told him not to assume things, because it could offend people, but it's not Shoto's fault everyone did dumb things that made him want to assume, this assuming habit doesn't normally include Izuku because Izuku was as straight forward as one could possibly be.

In page 23, chapter 4, Shoto learns that dark circles are caused by genetics or lack of sleep. He also learns that, eventually, tiredness can lead to pain, and pain can lead to depression. [Which is a big jump of symptoms that Shoto kind of just assumed like he does to everything.]

...

When Shoto awkwardly approached Izuku with candies in his hands, he was being very serious when he shoved the sweets in the confused Izuku's face.

"You...look sad. People like sweets when they're sad." Wait...did people like sweets when they were sad? Shoto wasn't...really sure...Maybe he should've asked Fuyumi...?

How would he even ask Fuyumi? He just bought the candies anyway.

Izuku unblinkingly stared at him for the good 3 seconds.

Izuku looked at the candies that were shoved in his face.

He looked back at Shoto.

...

...

...

The greenette covered his mouth and burst out laughing, Shoto awkwardly shuffled while looking at the sitting Izuku, not really knowing what was funny.

[The Aizawa family would be jealous, knowing how long it took Izuku to laugh in front of them.]

His stomach gave a few flips, which reminded Shoto to check in with some medicine for his stomach ache that he'd been getting a lot.