chapter vii

i awake in the infirmary. my head is pounding and i dont remember what happened at all. i groan and am about to fall back asleep, when i see a blurry figure standing in the corner of the room. i squint my eyes, but i still cant make out who it is. "rowan?" i say weakly. the figure quickly leaves the room. in a few hours, i am well enough to go back to my dorm.

as soon as i open the door, bianca throws her arms around me. "YOURE OKAY" she cries. "yeah i am, but i have no idea what happened" i reply. "maybe ask rowan. he came out of the woods with you in his arms unconscious" she said, giving me a look. "WHAT?" i say, a bit louder than anticipated. "yeah i got you away from him as fast as possible and told him to never go near you again" she tells me. "well im pretty sure he was in the hospital room with me earlier" i say. "WHAT?" she shouts. "i am going to kill him!" "bianca no its alright, he didnt do anything, just stood there and watched me" i say, although i realise how bad that sounds after saying it. "what a creep." she says. "please stay away from him" i agree, although deep down i still like him. a lot.

i wake up in a cold sweat after having a very vivid dream. i can only remember flashes, but it brings back some, still blurry, memories from what happened before i passed out. i cant go back to sleep, as i keep seeing this horrible monster every time i close my eyes, so i decide to go to the library.

i make my way to the dim lit library with my phone in my hand, and start browsing books. its very dark, so i dont notice another person in there. and they dont seem to nice me. that is, until we crash into each other. i turn around to apologise, when i stop dead in my tracks. rowan. i stare at him, unsure of how to even ask all the questions i have, when he speaks. "im sorry" he babbled, and backed away. "rowan wait-" i start, but he cuts me off. "stop it. i can't be around you."
"biancas fast asleep, and i need answers" i tell him. "no. i cant be near you. this is not fair" he says. i pause and stare at him. "what are you talking about?" i ask. "you are so confusing and i don't understand what you want." he explains. "what?"
"we spend a whole night together alone and then the next day you act as if i don't exist. and then your friend literally tries to kill me, but you save me from a monster"
"what? i saved you from a monster?"
he sighs and leans forwards. "i'm sorry" he whispers, before closing the gap, kissing me deeply.