Chapter 21: Ambiguous

Start from the beginning

"Eevee!" Eevee cheered her on from atop my shoulder, her fluffy ears twitching.

Jeez, both of my pokemon were too cute.

I returned the now-ecstatic Ralts to her pokeball, looking over to Trinity who returned her Ralts.

"That was some great battling!" the male trainer said to me. "You really know how to use a pokemon to its fullest."

I chuckled and shook my head. "That was a tough battle, but thanks." The two battles were very heated. They could have beaten us if we made wrong moves. But this was great experience; any battle was great experience, actually.

"I just couldn't keep up," the female trainer admitted to Trinity. "But it was a good battle."

Trinity smiled. "You really had me sweating. I almost lost. It was really close."

With that, we said farewell to the trainers (who I assumed were traveling companions) and continued our long trek to Mount Moon. We had been traveling for almost a week. As I said before, people really underestimated the amount of time it takes to travel from one city to another. We'd gotten used to it, but it was still a ridiculously long distance.

We had ascended and descended across various levels of elevation, the temperature fluctuating in response to the changes. Route 3 was also littered with craters formed by rocks that had fallen out of the sky. There were also various species of pokemon, including one called Lunatone, which was a crescent moon-shaped pokemon with one large, terrifying red eye. It made sense that it was hanging around here since we were, in fact, heading to a place called Mount Moon.

It was the sixth day when we finally spotted a Pokemon Center. It was located next to a gaping cave with I recognized to be the entrance to Mount Moon. In order to get to Cerulean City, you have to pass through Mount Moon to get to it, unless you had a pokemon to ride or something like that.

If we had pokemon we could ride on, we would have gotten our eight badges by now.

But man did I hate tunnels and enclosed spaces. I wasn't exactly claustrophobic but I do feel uncomfortable inside of them. But we had no choice, so I guess it was do or die. Fuck tunnels, seriously.

Trinity and I Immediantly ran at the sight of the Pokemon Center.

"Finally!" I exclaimed.

"Real beds!" Trinity said with the same amount of vigor.

"Eevee!"

"Pika, Pika!"

I looked at Trinity for a moment and a thought occurred to me. Why haven't I questioned the fact that Professor Oak literally let two teenagers travel alone with no adult supervision? Like, I know Trinity and I would never do anything, but it could be a different story for another pair of hormone-struck teenagers. I know it isn't common for teenagers to just start their pokemon journey, but still. That damn old man.

Anyway, I pushed that train of thought out of my mind and continued running to the Pokemon Center. When we were in front of the door, we pushed it open with glee and bared witness to a sight that was always welcome: free shelter.

As per usual, the Nurse Joy running the Pokemon Center smiled at us. "Welcome to the Pokemon Center, how may I help you?"

We healed our pokemon and got a room from Nurse Joy, our weariness finally got to us. Jeez, I was tired.