Our Legend (Kise Ryouta)

"Why are you crying?"

"....I don't know!! I just felt like crying!!"

"....Boys should not cry."

"I know!" he sniffed. "But I can't stop!"

"....You should smile."

"What'st hat?"

"A lollipop. It can bring people happiness. It's for you so that you'll be happy."

"....Thank...you."

.............

"Let's meet here again, okay?"

"Sure!"

" What's your name?"

"Hm.. Fairy Lollipop!"

"...Cheapskate!"

"Haha. What's yours?"

"It's Ryo....Royal Prince!"

"Okay, Royal Prince!~~~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is ______ ______. I have gotten to an accident when I was young. There are no major injuries... except for one.. My voice box broke. I went to different countries just to find a way to treat it. But it was impossible. My voice box can't be fixed anymore. Now I can't speak without spitting any blood. That's why I was not allowed to utter a single word anymore.

I returned to Japan. I was homeschooled and I don't get out my house much...

....I did not manage to meet the boy again. I feel bad. I hope that I can see his smile again.

With that hope, I decided to step out my house for the first time in four years... I was secluded from the real world for a long time that I already finished my high school course. It's really funny.

I went to that place where I met Royal Prince, the playground...

I sat on one of the benches and started to read a book.

This book is good... It's about a legend regarding a lighthouse... It said that there was a lonely mermaid who went to the shore. She can turn into a human but she can't speak whenever she's in that form. She wanted to communicate with humans but she can't because she does not have a voice. Then... She met a young man and they fell in love with each other. The townspeople knew about the the mermaid's secret that's why they chased her away from the town. The young man and the mermaid promised that they will meet again and with that, they bid farewell. When the young man turned into an adult man, he decided it was time to look for the mermaid... So he went to a journey to find her... Days, months, and years passed. The man never returned... The townspeople pitied the couple and so, they decided to make a lighthouse. They said that they made the lighthouse to help the couple find their way back to the town.

...It was sad but I knew that the young man had saved the mermaid from isolation.... Oh my, look at me, talking about a legend...

....Maybe... a part of me just wanted to be saved just like the mermaid... And that part of me believed that the boy I have met here when I was young would be the one to do so...

Without notice, tears have started to fall from my eyes... I have to stop crying or else my book will be soaked with tears...

I started to wipe off my tears with the back of my hand but new ones will replace them.

"....Hey, are you alright?"

....? I looked up to see.... a young man with blonde hair and crimson eyes staring down at me, tilting his head. He's wearing a school uniform... Royal...Prince?... There's no mistake... It's him.