21

"Helaena and Jacaerys were happier than ever, with him treating her with nothing but love and respect. She was really starting to prefer Dragonstone over King's Landing.

It had been a few months since the wedding, and she was already pregnant. The twins made sure to visit her whenever they could.

They were thrilled about the pregnancy, while Jacaerys became increasingly overprotective of his wife because of her condition.

"Daemyra and Daenyra have been in and out of Dragonstone," Helaena suddenly mentioned to Rhaena, her steadfast companion. Rhaena and Baela were her rocks.

The twins also showered her with love, but their duties often kept them away.

"Indeed. Everyone knows the twins are special; they're the reason I managed to claim Auburn," Rhaena remarked, smiling as she embroidered alongside Helaena.

Helaena worked on a butterfly, a gift from Jacaerys, while Rhaena embroidered a flower. Helaena's belly was growing bigger by the day."

"I'm sure it's a twin," Helaena said, gently caressing her growing belly with a smile. Rhaena turned to her, equally excited at the prospect of welcoming a nephew or niece, maybe both.

"Well, Mother said it's possible, especially since your tummy is bigger than most. What names have you and Jacaerys been considering?" Rhaena inquired.

Helaena smiled, her thoughts drifting to the children she would soon share with Jacaerys. The unexpected gift of new life had brought her immense happiness.

"Jaca and I have been discussing names. If it's a boy, we'll name him Jaeherys, and if it's a girl, Rhaenerys," Helaena revealed.

"Then you could name both if it's a girl and a boy," Rhaena suggested, to which Helaena nodded in agreement. Just then, Rhaenyra entered the room.

Rhaenyra was the epitome of a nurturing mother, and even Helaena acknowledged that Rhaenyra surpassed Alicent in maternal care, even toward her.

Rhaenyra glanced at the embroidery, a genuine smile gracing her lips. "That's beautiful," she complimented, prompting smiles from Helaena and Rhaena.

"Here, Helaena," Rhaenyra said, handing her daughter/sister a chocolate juice. She had heard about Helaena's craving for something sweet and had requested the servants to prepare the drink.

Helaena smiled gratefully, taking the cup and savoring the drink. "It's good, Mother. Thank you," she expressed her gratitude.

After a few days of staying at Dragonstone, Helaena began referring to Rhaenyra as "Mother," which filled Rhaenyra's heart with warmth.

"You should rest more, my dear. Your husband has been restless ever since he found out you were pregnant, that lad. I've never seen him this happy," Rhaenyra remarked with a smile.

"I wanted to name my child after you, Mother," Helaena suddenly revealed, surprising Rhaenyra.

"Your mother won't like that," the three of them chuckled. "But I'm honored," Rhaenyra replied, touched by the gesture.

_

Baela and Jacaerys began training with Daemon, while Lucerys and Rhaena traveled back and forth between Driftmark and Dragonstone, always making time to visit Helaena.

Everyone was dedicated to their duties to the realm, and Helaena found joy in being part of her new family, balancing her time between the library and assisting with her dreams.

She grew closer to her second mother, Rhaenyra, who had promised Alicent to be nothing but loving and supportive to Helaena. Rhaenyra made sure to offer her aid and support in any way Helaena needed.