13

The twins pointed their swords at the woman in front of them out of muscle memory.

"Lower your sword; I'm not your enemy. I am here to help you around Old Valyria," the woman said with a smile.

The twins looked at each other, reluctant to trust the woman in front of them. "Who are you?" Daemyra asked. They didn't lower their swords without knowing who the woman was.

"Shrykos," the woman said, smiling at them. This time, they lowered their swords.

"You're a Goddess, the Goddess of beginnings, endings, transitions, and doorways," Daenyra said, and the woman nodded.

"I see you've met my friend, Keraxz. Isn't she lovely?" the Goddess said as the creatures crawled towards her. She then pet the large creatures, who seemed to snuggle at her touch.

"That's her name. It's nice to meet you, Goddess and Keraxz," Daenyra said, smiling at them.

Shrykos was the Goddess that Daenyra wanted to meet the most; her powers caught her attention. But seeing how beautiful the Goddess was in front of her, she seemed to understand that every God and Goddess had their beauty.

"I've been wanting to meet the two of you. Keraxz, on the other hand, has been waiting for you for the past centuries. She's been alive 50 years before the Doom Of Valyria," the Goddess said.

The twins were shocked to know how old the beast was; she was even older than Balerion. That's the reason why no one tried to enter Old Valyria; a lot of unknown creatures are to be found.

"You're beautiful, you know," Daemyra exclaimed, making Daenyra laugh.

Now she knows why her sister had been quiet the whole time. She's mesmerized by the beauty of the Goddess.

Shrykos smiles at the compliments.

"Thank you," the Goddess said.

"So you were saying that the reason why you are here is to guide us and show us around Valyria," Daenyra said, and the Goddess nodded.

"We are one of a kind; we have a freaking goddess as a tour guide," Daemyra exclaimed.

The Goddess smiled at them.

"Follow me, and I'll show you the history behind the sword you carry," the Goddess said while slowly walking deep inside Old Valyria.

The twins followed the woman in front of them. The mist that covered the entire place seemed to fade as they could see everything: the ruins, the piles of bones laying around, and even some structures that hadn't been destroyed, along with statues on the ground. Most of them were gigantic dragon statues that were now broken and covered in plants.

"Long ago, there were twins, just like you. Their names were Meara and Raera, well-known Valyrians loved by many people not just in Valyria but also in Essos. They might not be known in Westeros, but in Valyria, they are well-known. Both of them practiced magic like mages, Raera getting her energy from the Sun while Meara from the Moon. They forged swords as symbols of their love for each other: Sunlight and Moonlight. They created so many wonderful things for Valyria, but both were forgotten centuries after their death. Yes, they are mentioned in a few books, but to the new generation, they are nothing more than history," Shrykos explained.

The twins looked at each other and then turned their heads to the Goddess.

"Meara is the person who found out about the soulmate thing, right?" Daenyra asked, and the Goddess nodded.

"Then where can we find the ingredients?" Daemyra asked, and the Goddess stopped walking, turning to face them.

"You have a mission bigger than them. Why would you waste your time?" The Goddess asked.