8

King Viserys felt a wave of regret wash over him as his granddaughter yelled at him, realizing he'd messed up big time.

As the ground stopped shaking, the Maester assured them it was just a minor tremor. But Viserys knew better.

He glanced at Alicent, who looked shaken. Ignoring her, he walked over to Aemond. "I'm proud of you, son. You managed to tame the largest dragon, but you must face the consequences," the king said, planting a kiss on Aemond's forehead.

He understood he couldn't love his children with Alicent the same way he loved Rhaenyra because of Aemma, but he still cared for them deeply.

Aemond gazed at his father, hearing those words of pride for the first time. "Forgive me, Father," he said, but the king shook his head.

"No need for apologies," he replied, instructing a servant to escort his children to their chambers and ensure Aemond got proper rest.

Alicent observed the scene, silent and contemplative.

_

In the morning, Daemyra never left her sister's side, staying with Daenyra the entire time without a moment of sleep.

Rhaenyra, on the other hand, collapsed on the floor after the ordeal. She felt like she was on the brink of madness the moment her daughter was stabbed while protecting her. Daemon helped her to her chambers. Laenor sent the other children to their rooms and stayed with Daemyra for a while before eventually leaving.

Corlys departed with his son, leaving Rhaenys with them. Rhaenys observed the unbreakable bond between the twins, reminiscent of Laena and Laenor. It touched her heart deeply; though unsure if these twins were Laenor's children, she knew how much he cherished them.

"You should rest, Daemyra," Rhaenys said gently, and Daemyra turned to see the woman who never officially became queen.

A smile lit up Daemyra's face as her favorite character stood before her. "Grandmother, if you were the queen, what would you do in times like this?" she asked, catching Rhaenys off guard.

"Punish those who deserve it. Never let them manipulate me like they manipulate your grandfather," Rhaenys replied, displaying her keen awareness of the council's manipulative tactics. She was indeed a shrewd woman.

Daemyra nodded in understanding.

"Grandfather could never do that. He always seeks peace without considering the consequences. This incident has torn our family apart, yet he'll likely turn a blind eye once again," Daemyra said, her voice trembling with emotion.

She knew their actions were risky, but she couldn't bear the thought of facing the world without Daenyra by her side.

"Daenyra and I always keep tabs on what's happening in the castle. We know how our mother tries to mend her friendship with the Queen, only to be disappointed every time. Daenyra always knows the next step, and I don't know what I'd do if something happened to her," Daemyra explained, holding her twin's hand tightly.

Rhaenys observed the twins, impressed by their intelligence and loyalty. She saw how they tirelessly protected their siblings, with Daenyra even willing to sacrifice herself for Rhaenyra.

"Daemyra, your sister will be okay. She's a fighter," Rhaenys reassured her, hoping to comfort the distraught girl.

"She is, always has been. She always prioritizes others over herself. In this world, they belittle women because of perceived weaknesses, but they fail to recognize our true power. They have no clue what we're capable of," Daemyra expressed, her frustration evident at the gender discrimination they faced.