24

Everyone in the throne room still looked traumatized by what had happened; they couldn't believe how the man's leg bones had suddenly snapped without anyone touching them.

"I was expecting to witness the Ritual of Velaryon, yet that man cannot seem to prioritize," Daemyra exclaimed, and Daenyra simply nodded, smiling at her sister.

The scroll contained the ritual of inheritance, passed down through generations and used by the ancestors of Velaryon. It was said in the scroll that once a Velaryon was questioned about his identity, the questioner would perform the ritual in a goblet of fire. They needed the blood of the father (Laenor), the blood of the Velaryon being questioned (Lucerys), and the blood of the questioner (Vaemon)-just a few drops in the goblet of fire.

If the fire in the goblet stayed red, it meant the boy didn't have Velaryon blood, but if it turned blue, it meant Lucerys was indeed a Velaryon. However, a terrible consequence awaited the questioner; the blue fire would engulf them, burning their entire body, with only a 50% chance of survival.

That was why Vaemond didn't accept the ritual, because deep down, he knew Lucerys was indeed a Velaryon.

"The Gods have spoken: my son, Lucerys Velaryon, is indeed my heir," Laenor announced, and no one dared to say anything, afraid of angering the Gods.

Syrax lurked in the corner, watching the twins who eyed the Goddess. The Goddess gave Daenyra permission to break Vaemond Velaryon's bones.

She had been enjoying the show the whole time, while only the Twins could see her in the corner.

Corlys was still terrified by what had happened, only to be interrupted by Daemon's laugh. The man couldn't stop himself from laughing, knowing exactly who had broken those poor legs. Daemon glanced at Daenyra, who just shrugged.

The Greens were terrified by what had happened, believing that demons were responsible. Alicent couldn't say anything, alongside Otto, who was shocked by the outcome of events.

"Daemon, enough," the King said, and Daemon tried to restrain himself from laughing, only to snort.

Rhaenyra was still surprised by the outcome, yet relieved that the Gods of Old Valyria were on their side.

She then walked toward the twins and hugged them in surprise. She knew one of the reasons the Gods had answered was because of them.

"I'm glad you two are here now, and with me," Rhaenyra said, and the girls smiled.

"Of course, Mother," Daenyra said.

"You wouldn't get rid of us that easily," Daemyra smiled.

"I don't plan to," Rhaenyra said, looking at her firstborns.

Then the twins lined themselves together with their family, and Corlys and Rhaenys stood together with Baela.

They looked like nothing but power.

The King smiled at the situation, though it pained his head to know that this was the only time for their family reunion.

"May the Gods forgive him for his boldness," Corlys said, making everyone look at him.

Daemyra smiled at the man. "I'm sure, grandfather, that the gods he worships will forgive him," she reassured.

Daenyra snorted. "We don't."

Corlys turned his gaze towards the twins, everything making sense now to him that these two had something to do with what had happened to Vaemond.

The twins smiled at him knowingly.