ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ -ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴡᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ-

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I've always wondered what it was like going through the portal, and when I asked the others about it, they said it wasn't as great as it looked. Jack compared it to being on a roller coaster for a day straight, saying that his bones felt like they were vibrating. But even with the warning, curiosity flowed through me, and I stayed undeterred.

Acree and Bumblebee were the first to walk through, sending a wave to their charges before disappearing. I couldn't stop the worry from crawling up my spine as Bulkhead went through, and I made eye contact with blue optics. 

Hiding my concern, I gave my guardian an encouraging nod, smiling slightly when Optimus returned it. I let out a breath when the Groundbridge de-activated, my eyes lingering where they once were.

"Don't worry, Astra, they'll be okay. They always are." Raf comforted, wrapping a hand around my arm.

"I know," I answered softly. I stared at the ground bridge a moment longer before turning my attention to the T.V. It was still going through commercials, and I suppressed another sigh. Just as I was reaching for my bag of chips, a body slumped onto me, a disappointed groan escaping them. I grunted under the sudden weight, my gaze meeting with Chestnut hues.

"Miko, it's for the best," I reminded the girl, shifting so her head would be in my lap.

"It's not fair. I wanted to kick some deception butt!" Miko mumbled, puffing out her cheeks. I stifled a laugh at her expression, instead running my hands through her pink and black locks. I must not have hidden my amusement very well because Miko shot me a glare, slightly leaning into my touch.

"Yeah, but I would be all alone if you left!" I pointed out, gently bopping her on the nose. Her nose scrunched, and she sighed, a small smile pulling at her lips. I felt a presence close behind me, and I turned to see Jack, his arms crossed over the back of the couch as he watched the show.

"You can sit on the couch if you want to, Jack." I offered, gesturing to the crammed furniture. He lifted an eyebrow before snorting, leaning further on the back.

"Even if I wanted to, there is no room on that thing." After a moment's consideration, I had no choice but to agree. With Raf and me on one side and Miko laying across the rest, even if Jack wanted to, he couldn't fit. I shot him an apologetic look, and he waved it off, a smile on his lips.

With that, I focused on the T.V., my fingers brushing aimlessly through Miko's hair. I felt myself starting to relax the longer I sat there, and my eyelids suddenly became heavier. I shook my head to jolt myself awake, but the action only sent confused glances in my direction. I internally cursed for not getting enough sleep, but I knew it wasn't my fault.

Every Night for the past couple of days, I've had the same terrible nightmare. The memory of suffocating returned, and my fingers stopped moving on Miko's head. It was always the same. It would go from being warm and comforting to terrifying and blood-curdling. Every time I woke up, I thought I was drowning, and it took me a couple of seconds to realize that it was only a dream.

Maybe I need a distraction. I thought, continuing my movement through Miko's hair. I needed something to chill out and recharge. Something away from the Autobots and school. I didn't even notice the movie coming back on as I strained my brain for an idea.

Maybe I should take Sierra's offer and join cheer. I immediately grimaced at the thought and quickly dismissed it. Cheer would only bring me more stress. Not to mention I would have to be around Sierra's sickly sweet personality for an extended period of time. I don't think I would be able to survive that.