Saturday

Saturday Morning

Jisoo woke up feeling groggy. It was already half past ten.

She wasn't able to get much rest last night.

Sighing, she forced herself to get up.

"All for nothing. You might as well stay in bed, since you're a waste of oxygen, and you know it."

It was all about practice.

She dropped on the couch, turning on the TV.

She was channel hopping when her cell phone started to ring.

It was a video call request.

From Jennie.

"You look even more repugnant today than usual."

It had been far too long since she had seen Jennie last. She hurried to mute the TV and accepted the incoming call.

Jennie's smiling face soon filled the screen.

< Hey, Jichu! I didn't wake you up, did I? It should be past then there. >

< It's you that is two hours behind, Jendeukie. If anything, why are you already up? >

Jennie grinned.

< I have news. I've postponed my trip back again. Yes, I know, I know, but now I promise I'll be back on Friday. Especially because I don't have any holiday time left. >

Jisoo felt her heart skip a beat.

"Another week without seeing her. She doesn't give a damn about you anyway, and you know that, right? You're just some pathetic lowlife she hangs out with out of pity."

< Oh ... I see. >

She sketched a smile to hide her disappointment, and then a movement in the background caught her attention.

A tall woman with an athletic physique, wearing nothing but underwear and a sports bra, passed behind Jennie.

The latter noticed her gaze and quickly moved her phone.

< Fuck. I'm sorry. I would have rather introduced you two in person, but, uhm, that was Lalisa. >

"Look who she gets to fuck! Look who's got a chance to please Jennie! A cover model, that's who! And what did you think you were going to do? Did you believe she might like you someday? Ha! Delusional! Pathetic fool! Did you get a good look at her? Did it stick in your memory? Good, because you deserve nothing more than to be reminded every second what a miserable failure you are!"

It shrieked, howled, and in her mind there was an infernal clangour.

She was afraid she would throw up if she opened her mouth.

< So, the date worked out great. Lalisa is an interesting girl. I'll tell you, I was thinking about a fling, but ... I don't know, I think she might stick around. I can't wait to introduce her to you. >