My throat goes dry as I look at up at him, towering over him. My hands tremble against the cold countertop, my heart sinking to the pit of my stomach.

I don't understand this.

I'm so confused as to how we got here.

"Did something happen? I don't understand," I shake my head, trying to understand what is happening here. It seems so unlike him to suddenly act out like this towards me. To say such crude things again. It's like the first night I was alone with him all over, except some of the things that had been said that night, I had deserved.

This? None of this is warranted.

"You want to know what happened? Okay, sure," he's practically threatening me with his voice now, and I can feel his rage. "I had sex last night. With not one, but two incredible women. They did exactly what you refused to do for me. Sucked me off, and spread their legs. Happy?"

I suck in my breath, my lower lip quivering as I hold back from breaking down again. I shake my head at him, refusing to accept this reality.

How is this the man that held me in bed and stitched up my hand? How is the man I had dinner with last night and then laid with on the couch with my feet on his lap?

"What's wrong, Giulia? Are you going to call your daddy and tell him how much you hate your big, bad fiancé?" He smirks at me as he leans down, getting in my face.

My nose flares, unable to control my anger and confusion as I bring my hand up, ready to smack him across the face for not only the way he's treating me, but for the way he's talking for me. Before my hand comes into contact with his face, his hand comes down on my wrist, holding it in place and stopping the impact from occurring.

"You should know who you're marrying, Giulia. Don't ever try to slap me again," he seethes, his eyes dark as he narrows them at me. My lip quivers again, and I clench my teeth together to keep myself from crying.

"I hate you. I fucking hate you," I mutter, yanking my arm away from him, but not successfully. "Let go of me. You're disgusting."

"You don't order me around. In fact, cancel your hair appointment and move it to tomorrow. I have a couple things I need you to attend to with me," he tugs me gently, but I jerk my arm back, twisting out of his grip. Nicolas doesn't like it, clear but the look on his face, but I've never been treated like this before.

I won't start being treated like this now. It was better when he was doing who the fuck knows what and I didn't know about it.

"I can't. My hair has to be done today for the color to settle in time for the wedding," I say as I get up, pushing my stool back to go around him and get ready.

"I don't give a shit about your hair or the wedding, Giulia. Get dressed, and be ready in thirty minutes. I have a thousand other things to do, and you're wasting my time," he threatens, and I know he's not fucking around because this is exactly how he talks when he's fleshing out orders on the phone.

I purse my lips together, rubbing my wrist with my hand, trying to hold back tears. What the fuck is happening? The shock of this hasn't hit me yet, and part of me is thinking someone will jump out and make a joke and tell me this sudden lash out is not real.

And is he serious? He's the one with smeared lipstick on his white, wrinkled dress shirt, and a clear as day hickey on his neck, and he's telling me that I'm the one who needs to get ready.

"Don't touch me, Nicolas. Ever again. Or yes, I will tell my father, and I'll tell him all the other shitty things you've done," the words spill out of my mouth just as he I hurry past him, ready to storm off.

"What will you tell him? That you were begging me to make you come or that you did when I ate your pussy out?" his words make me pause as I go to exit the kitchen, realizing how terrible that sounds.

I'm in hell.

If my father found out, I don't know who would pay the price. As much as I wish it would be him, I too would suffer the repercussions, right? Because Nicolas is right, I did beg him. I wanted him to in the moment, and as vulgar as the words sound, it's all true.

Tears start falling as I rush out of the kitchen, unable to even argue with his words. Just as I'm about to approach the staircase, I notice Vince standing in the foyer, a relaxed expression on his face. He's cocks a brow at me, his lip twitching almost as if he wants to smile at me.

He heard all of that, and didn't even say a word? I know Nicolas is in charge, but Vince seemed perfectly fine standing up for me when Nicolas wanted to fuck me in the barn, and I thought we were friends? At least, on decent terms, and now he's enjoying this torture I'm being put through?

I look away, hurrying up the steps, and to the bedroom that I share with my own personal Devil.

• •
A/N:
I apologize in advance for the torture I just put you through. I know you probably have whiplash, please forgive me lol. I'll probably go back and put some filler chapters later, but I need the plot to speed up suddenly so this is happening now. love you all.

follow me on Instagram! doing giveaways for the holidays there! @bookswithsonali is my username there!