Chapter 9 - An Ominous Fate

Start from the beginning

Despite protest from all but one elder, the ogre chief forced through the decision to send delegations to the other races of the Jura Forest. He was willing to swallow his own pride, and the pride of the ogre clan, to fight this potential disaster. He knew that if the Jura Forest wanted to keep living in peace after their Guardian Deity, Veldora disappeared, they must, somehow, work together.

________________________________________________________________________________

At Lake Siss, the Lizardmen Settlement...

The chief of the lizardmen is confused.

Why is the prideful ogre clan here to seek an audience with me?

The lizardmen are a prideful group, being descendants of the dragons. But even so, they know their place in the food chain. A lizardman could never hope to challenge an ogre, the difference in strength was just too vast.

Which begs the question: Why are the ogres asking the lizardmen for help? Despite the difference in numbers, the 300 members of the ogre clan cold easily defeat the 10,000 members of the lizardman tribe.

"-which is why we believe that an Orc Lord has been born." The answer is this. "The ogre clan can never hope to defeat a foe like that, which is why we are requesting the help of all the races within the Jura Forest to help deal with this threat." The blue-haired ogre finishes his statement.

Silence hangs in the throne room, until it is rudely interrupted by a certain annoying lizardman.

"*ahem*! My name is Gabiru, the sole named member of the lizardman tribe! I want to ask a question!" The blue-haired ogre glares at Gabiru in annoyance. Gabiru, however, doesn't notice, and continues to speak. "Why should we, the lizardmen, require help from lesser races like goblins and kobolds to defeat mere orcs!? The forces of the lizardman tribe should be enough to completely squash this 'Orc Lord'!" The arrogant lizardman continues to ramble about the greatness of the lizardman, while also insulting the ogre tribe in the process, claiming that they lack the backbone to defeat a mere army of orcs.

The ogre can't help but speak out in annoyance. "I don't think you understand the threat posed by the Orc Lord, arrogant fool. The army of orcs numbers 200,000, all of which are armed with proper combat equipment, much like human armies."

Still, Gabiru is unconvinced. "Even if that's the case, induvidual lizardmen are far stronger than an induvidual orc, so by picking off their forces at the side, we can completely decimate their numbers." Gabiru finishes with a smug expression. Indeed, this plan sounds good on paper, but it fails to consider the existence of individuals above A-Rank, who can easily decimate troops of lizardmen by themselves.

The chieftain interjects, stopping his son from continuing his rambles. "I sincerely apologize for the insolence of my son! We understand the plight that faces the Jura Forest, and we will help the cause in any way we can." The chieftain glares at his son, shutting him up for good.

"For now, the ogre clan will be scouting other races to prepare for the inevitable war with the orcs, however, we lack the manpower to properly initiate a recruitment campaign. That's where we'll need you, the lizardmen. This will be a cooperative effort between both our respective races, because with your numbers, you can more effectively recruit warriors the many settlements in the forest." The ogre finishes his explanation, and looks to the lizardman chieftain, who nods, indicating that he understands the plan. "In that case, the ogre clan thanks you for your cooperation." The blue-haired ogre disappears into his own shadow, leaving the throne room in silence.

Once again, the silence of the throne room is broken by Gabiru, who indignantly shouts at the chieftain: "Father! Why must we yield to those ogres!?"

"Because we need their help to combat the threat of the orc lord in the Jura Forest!" Gabiru attempts to fire back, but his father silences him by pointing his trident at Gabiru. Gabiru, although still unconvinced, yields.

"Understood, father."

"Son, I recognize your talents as a warrior, but you are still far too inexperienced, and far too rash." The chieftain firstly criticizes his son, who lowers his head in shame. "Stand up, my son. I will now give you your orders. You are to lead a battalion of lizardmen into the west of the Jura Forest to recruit warriors from the Goblin settlements. I trust that you can perform this task well!"

"Father, I will not disappoint you!" Gabiru declares, reinvigorated.

"Good. We will be needing all the help we can get to fight this approaching calamity."

________________________________________________________________________________

Orc Disaster Geld POV:

Five years ago, on the brink of starvation, I met the man who saved my life. He found me collapsed in the desert, and offered me food. He said his name was 'Clayman', and he gave me an important task: become a Demon Lord.

He agreed to help my people, on the condition that I join his ranks. I hastily agreed.

I toiled for years, consuming the beasts that Demon Lord Clayman sent me to fight, all for the sake of getting stronger, but at the cost of slowly losing my mind.

But one day, the fruits of my labor finally became ripe for the picking. I'd obtained a Demon Lord Seed, and became a fully-fledged S-Rank threat. It was on that day that I received the truth from Lord Clayman, the ultimate reason for my existence. He told me who our final enemy was.

He showed me what would happen if I failed.

This is the reason why, now, I am bringing my people on a great march to the west of the Jura Forest. All to eliminate the greatest threat to the world, before we are all doomed.

That is my conviction, as the Orc Disaster.

________________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): Hmm, something is different this time round? The orcs didn't eat the ogres? Geld is already the Orc Disaster?

Things are finally getting exciting!

This chapter is a bit different from the others, in both a literal sense, and in the way that I wrote it, but nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter of Velsura!

Thanks for reading!

*me changing the chapter title 4 times because I'm bad at decision making*

1644 Words