Chapter Ten: Another World

~Imogen POV~

All three of us ran through the woods, heading towards where the scream came from. I struggled to keep up with them as my boots were heeled and the woodland floor was not smooth.
"Beth!"
"Beth! Where are you!?" We heard voices shouting ahead of us.
"Who is that!?" I shouted to Steve and Dustin.
"Holy shit, Eddie!?" I heard Dustin shout ahead. As I caught up to Steve and Dustin, Eddie and Robin came into view.
"Dustin? Is that you, man?" asked Eddie. "Imogen?"
"Yeah...hi." I panted.
"What are you doing here?" Dustin asked.
"We were looking for Chrissy and we lost Beth!" said Robin.
"Wait, Beth's with you guys?" asked Steve.
"She was! We heard her scream and then she was gone!" panicked Robin.
"You guys looking for Chrissy too?" Eddie asked us.
"No quite." said Dustin.
"What are you guys doing out here then?" Eddie looked at us confused.
"Hello! Back to the problem! Beth is missing, we need to find her!" shouted Robin.
"Okay! Don't bite our heads off!" said Steve.
"Dustin...you don't think?" I asked, grabbing his shoulder.
"I...I don't know. Let's help look. We'll help you look for her!" Dustin cried to them.
"Beth!"
"Bethany!"
"Beth!" we all started shouting out to her. I barely knew this girl and she seemed to keep falling into trouble. I was just hoping she hadn't run into a Demogorgon.

~Beth POV~

My body was pulled through the opening and dragged inside. I carried on screaming as the vine pulled on my wrist. I looked up and saw it was black and almost looked like it was fully alive. I reached my other hand up as it continued to pull me along the ground. I grabbed the vine and began to wiggle it, triggering the fight in my fight or flight mode. I managed to slip my hand through the vine, freeing myself and leaving me to lie on the floor and catch my breath for a second. After recollecting myself, I lifted my head and started to look around. I felt fear take over my body, as I had no idea where I was. It looked like the woods still, but something was...different. It was way colder than usual and also darker, but with a red glow in the sky. The ash that was floating around by the entrance, was in the air everywhere. These woods seemed to be crawling with those black vines and the trees also looked slimy.
"Robin?" I called out, as I sat myself up. No answer. "Eddie?" I tried. Still no answer. I rose to me feet and started to look around, feeling my heart rate increase. I could feel the panic setting in as I had no idea where I was and why this place looked so weird. "Eddie! Robin!" I shouted out, turning around on the spot, looking around. Suddenly, I heard a noise which didn't sound...human. It was like a clicking, screeching noise. Almost monstrous. I turned my head to the noise and looked through the trees and that's when I saw it. My eyes widened as I saw a creature, lurking by some trees in the distance. It was tall, skinny and pale and it looked like it didn't have a face. I froze in fear, wondering if what I was seeing was real or not. The creature turned its body towards me and before I knew it, its no face opened up and revealed hundreds of teeth, roaring at me. My fight or flight kicked in again and my body chose flight, as I ran in the opposite direction from the monster. "Eddie! Robin!" I screamed as I ran. I turned back and saw the monster was making its way towards me, making its horrific noises.
"Beth! Beth, where are you!?" I heard a voice, like an echo. It was Robin.
"Robin? I'm here!" I screamed back.
"Beth!" another echo, sounding like Eddie.
"I'm right here!" I cried again. I tucked myself behind a tree to hide from the monster and tried to catch my breath. I could still hear my name being called by now multiple voices. They sounded like they were right by me, but they were also echoed. I hadn't felt fear like this since my dad.

~Imogen POV~

"Beth! Where are you!?" shouted Robin.
"I can hear her!" said Steve.
"Where is she!?" called out Dustin. All five of us walked through the woods, screaming Beth's name. We could hear her voice, but it was like an echo. She seemed so close but we couldn't see her.
"Which way did she go?" I asked Eddie and Robin.
"I don't know! She was with us for a second, the next she was gone!" said Eddie.
"Beth! Tell us where you are!" I shouted.
"I don't know!" a voice echoed back.
"It sounds like she's right here!" said Dustin. I started looking high and low for any sign of Beth. She was close, but we didn't know how close.