"Not in the store." Damian pressed, "In your own home. When was the last time you saw them with your daughter? When was the last time she told you she was going out with her friends with a smile on her face?"

Her parents looked confused.

He sighed, "She is being bullied and I want to help."

"She would have told us." Sabine insisted.

"It's very likely she did, but you brushed it off as a small argument or normal behavior for our age." he explained, "Who is her teacher?"

"Caline Buster." her father answered,.

Damian bowed and left the bakery without another word. Tom and Sabine looked at each other confused, but quickly shut down the bakery for the rest of the day. A stranger had thought their daughter would harm herself and the bruising on her face told them something wasn't right. They rushed upstairs to see Marinette laying motionless in bed. Maybe that stranger had a right to worry.

Marinette sat in the back of the classroom with a hoodie covering her head. Makeup hadn't really covered the purple on her face and she didn't want to be called out for wanting attention on herself, again. Damian strutted into class and rapidly spotted his angel. Everyone looked at the mysterious stranger in the class.

"Um, excuse me." Caline smiled, "How can I help you?"

Damian glared at her and walked up to Marinette. He placed his hand over hers and pulled her to her feet.

"Come along, Angel." Damian spoke, "We have things to do today."

Marinette looked at the stranger from the other day, stunned.

'Why is he here? What does he mean that we have things to do?'

"School?" she questioned, not really knowing what else to say.

"Not today." He answered, "Your parents granted me permission to rescue you."

Marinette gathered her things and followed him without a second thought.

"Her parents will be reaching out, shortly." Damian explained and puleld Mari out of the room.

Marinette couldn't believe the day she was having. Her parents had called her and told her that they wanted her to enjoy herself today. They didn't give an explanation on why she was allowed to miss school or why they trust the guy she had only met the other day. She couldn't complain, though. Damian had introduced himself and taken her out for ice cream cones. As they ate, he explained that the next thing they were doing was going to an art supply store he found the other day.

She had gathered a couple sketchbooks and colored pencils that she needed for her next project. Damian had paid for her purchase which she had refused. He got her hand and led her to the next spot. Marinette looked at the high end fabric store.

"I think we're at the wrong store." Marinette spoke.

"We're not." he smirked, "Your parents stated this was a place you have been wanting to visit."

"Ye-Yes, but it's not within my budget." she stated.

"That's why I'm paying." Damian announced.

Marinette turned to him in shock.

"I expect you to choose at least five different fabrics. Take as long as you need. Use your new sketchbooks and pencils if you have too." He explained, "If you don't walk out with five rolls, I will be buying you the entire store. In case your wondering, I do have that kind of money."

Marinette gulped and walked into the store. At that moment she recalled one of her favorite Disney movies: Beauty and the Beast.

'This must be how Belle felt when the Beast showed her library and told her she could read anything.'

Marinette looked around the bolts of fabric and pulled out a sketchbook. She sat on the floor in front of a wine fabric. Damian watched as she focused on the fabric and let her hand fly on the pages. Suddenly, he realized she was smiling. It shone so bright.

'How much damage was done to you to make you think the world was a better place without it?'

Damian and Marinette entered the bakery with seven bolts of fabric. He unloaded them from his car and happily carried them up to her room.

"Marinette, we have some news for you." Tom began.

Sabine smiled, "We have taken you out of school, permanently. We wanted to know if you would prefer to be homeschooled, instead?"

Marinette quickly hugged her parents. They could all tell she was happy with the news.

Damian smiled at the family infront of him. Unbeknownst to them, he had done background checks into the principal, her teacher, and unearthed the liar known as Lila Rossi. He had sent everything to the school board. They had informed him that the two staff member were terminated during school hours and wouldn't be allowed back on campus. They would also be writing a lengthy detailed report so they were not rehired. As for Lila Rossi, she had been suspended for a week and given detention for the rest of the year.

The next day, he heard from Tom and Sabine that the class tried to talk to Marinette. They had refused to let them even see her. They complained that the Italian exchange student had been berated in front of the class by her own mother. She had filled in the substitute teacher about her daughter's wrongdoings and left her personal number with her.

"Marinette wants nothing to do with you." Sabine chastised them.

"But-" Adrien tried to explain.

"You're lucky we don't know who beat her until she had a black eye or we would be going to your homes and filling your parents in on your own behavior." Tom declared.

"You may enter the bakery and purchase something" Sabine stated, "but, you are no longer welcomed into our home. You hurt our daughter and you were bad friends. It's no wonder she chose to be homeschooled than return to school with you."

The class flinched and dragged themselves out of the bakery.

Marinette jumped up when she saw Damian enter the living room. She rushed over and kissed his cheek.

"Hello, Angel." Damian spoke, kissing her cheek in return.

"You may call me an angel, but you're mine." Marinette smiled.

"I have been told I am a demon." he stated.

"Then, I'll gladly make a deal with you." Mari replied.

Damian smiled.

'Perhaps, Paris isn't so bad after all.'