2020:16-Royalty

Damian's eyes scanned the room. He was bored and had hoped to find at least one interesting person at the stupid ball he was forced to attend. And then she caught his eye: A girl w/ raven hair and bluebell eyes. How they rolled as some suitor tried to speak with her.

'Seems I'm not the only one bored here.'

Damian made his way closer to the other side of the room, when he notice the suitor grab her arm and yank her into a hallway. He quickly followed.

"Come on, M'Lady, dance with me." the suitor pleaded.

"You disgust me." the girl declared, "There is no way I'm dancing with you!"

"Now see here-" he began.

"Excuse me, "Damian interrupted, "but I believe this lovely lady said no."

Damian finally got a good look at the suitor: a boy with green eyes and blonde hair.

"Miss, would you like an escort back to the room?" Damian asked, holding out his arm.

"That would by lovely!" the girl smiled, taking his arm.

Damian led her to the middle of the dance floor and lowered his arm.

"That's it?" she questioned.

"Yes. Is there something you wanted?" Damian asked.

Marinette was about to tell him to leave when she noticed Adrien making his way towards them.

"Dance with me, please." Marinette pleaded.

Damian could tell by her eyes that she needed help, nothing more. He took up her hand and placed the other on her waist, leading them into the next dance.

"So, what happened? Ex lover?" he asked, prying information about the suitor chasing her.

"No; he's an old friend." She spoke.

"He seems interested." Damian declared.

"He does, but for all the wrong reasons." Marinette frowned, "Especially since he married my cousin last year."

"What?" Damian growled out.

"I snuck out one day and found him unconscious. He was in and out of it all day. I heard horses so I ran. Apparently, he woke up and saw what I wore. Last year, my cousin visited me and I lent her some of my clothes. She wore a red dress. He danced with her all night and in the morning, asked for her hand." Mari sighed, "Last month was when everything went wrong. She wrote to me, furious, that I had snared her in a trap of lies. She came to visit a week later, claiming that I was trying to steal her husband away. I had no idea what she was talking about. She informed me that when she packed up the red dress I had lent her, her husband questioned why she would pack it. It was then she revealed that the dress was originally mine and she had borrowed it from me. He became furious with her, claiming she had robbed him of his true love."

"All this because of a stupid dress?" Damian asked.

"Yeah." Mari sighed.

"Let's hope that he doesn't continue to act brainless when the crown princess arrives." he spoke.

"What are you here for?" she asked, blushing.

"Father has declared that I am to find a bride." Damian scowled.

"Are you not ready to be wed?" she questioned.

"I am, but I didn't want to be forced into marriage." he declared.

"Waiting sounds nice." She smiled, sadly.