2021:17-Family Dinner

Damian was nervous to say the least. This was the first time he was having a family dinner with Marinette and her family. Dinners in Gotham were usually interrupted by a rouge; he couldn't rely on that here in Paris.

'This is so much worse then I thought.'

Damian gulped as Marinette explained that dinner wasn't ready and that they were going to make it together, as a family.

"I know that we're not family or even close to that direction." Marinette blushed, "My parents thought this would be a good way to get to know you. They say you can tell a lot about a person by the way the cook."

"Habibiti, I can't cook." he whispered.

"Maybe not, but your sword skills are excellent. Just think of the knife as a tiny dagger." Mari whispered back, "Watch what we do. It's our recipes so we'll be telling you how to do it anyways."

Damian nodded his head, in reluctance.

Marinette had made sure to inform them of his diet and they happily accommodated for him. Tom and Sabine watched as Marinette made sure Damian washed everything properly. The easiest part was showing him how to cut everything.

"See, I told you." Mari smiled, "You're a natural."

Damian said nothing, but his ear tips shined pink.

As everything was being thrown together, Sabine leaned into her husband's side.

"Remember when we first cooked a meal togther?" she asked.

"I do." he smiled, "I tried to teach you cooking out of you element, as well."

Sabine smiled, fondly, as Marinette directed Damian on what to do. She could see the smile beginning to blossom on the young boy's face. He fit so naturally into their lives; she was sure Marinette would fit in his, too.