2022: 15-Side Effects

Marinette was eager to get her presentation. She was in love with Adrien Agreste, an Alpha. They had finally began to hang out more, without their friends. She hoped that meant that he liked her back. They had taken to playing video games at her place and she was even showing him how to bake.

A month later, she presented to a Beta. She thought nothing would change, but she was wrong. Adrien had practically shoved her off to the side, when he found out. He hung out with her when their friends were around, but he no longer wanted to spend time with her alone. No more video game nights. No more cooking lessons. Marinette had been devastated by her presentation. What she thought would be a happy moment, had been the worst thing ever. Marinette had taken to walking around campus, mostly avoiding Adrien. She knew he didn't want anything to do with her, but she didn't want to see the look on his face when he turned away from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damian Wayne had found a lone Beta wandering around campus. They were known for traveling in packs of other Betas or following an Alpha. He swore he had seen her with a pack and an Alpha. He was shocked to learn she had no loyalties, from what the whispers said. He decided to approach her and figure out where the fault lay. Had she been unworthy or them? Damian learned her name was Marinette Dupain-Cheng. When she presented, the Alpha of her group had shunned her.

'Likely had wished she was an omega.'

He was even more surprised that no one had claimed her to a pack. Her friends had never even brought up the topic of forming a pack. Damian had noticed that she actively kept a distance away from him, whether he was walking next to her or sitting down. She never tried to ask him any personal questions and only answered his questions. He often found her sitting by herself and drawing in her sketchbook. He found it pleasant to find another calming presence. Unfortunately, his father had decided to arrange him to some Omega he never met.

'That stupid engagment.'

'It's the best thing your father could have done.'

'I don't want some no-named Bitch!'

'She's an Omega!'

'I don't care!'

'You can't have the Beta!'

'Why not? She at last treats me with respect! She has never tried to make a move on me and has never asked about joining my pack. That Omega my father has chosen is likely a daughter of a business partner trying to climb the ladder. I'm nothing more than a bargaining chip!'

'The Beta has everything to gain.'

'And yet has never tried! Trust me; something is there! I can tell.'

'Fine.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette smiled as the new Alpha walked away from her. Damian had been nice to her and asked about her pack formations. When she told him she was pack-less, he seemed very surprised. It sounded like he wanted her in his pack. She wasn't completely against the idea. He seemed nice, but so had Adrien.

"How was school, Marinette?" Sabine asked as Marinette entered the living room, "When is Adrien coming around again?"

"I don't think he will, Maman." Marinette answered, taking off her shoes.

"Oh." Sabine spoke, taking in the situation, "Anything new happen?"

"Another Alpha approached me." she replied.