2020:23-Melted Heart

This is a prequel to 'ICE' or a peek as to how Marinette and Damian ended up together.

Damian Wayne ignored the questions that the reporters kept shouting at him, asking him about the girl he had helped around Gotham.

He heard shouting and thought he might have had to call in his father for help when he saw a girl shouting at a cab driver.

"There is no hotel around here? Where am I?"

"Look, Lady, you have to pay the fee!"

"I'm not paying for shit! You dropped me off in the middle of nowhere and won't give me my bags!"

He could tells she had a French accent and had probably never been to Gotham. He discreetly took a picture of the license plate and a photo of the driver before making his presence known.

"He's trying to scam you." Damian announced.

"Yeah, that's obvious. I don't see Wayne Hotel anywhere around here!" Marinette groaned.

"Open the trunk now or you will be looking for a new job, starting in the morning." Damian demanded.

The taxi driver popped the trunk and Marinette quickly grabbed her luggage from it. She slammed the trunk shut and the driver took off. Marinette groaned as the driver took off.

Damian held out his hand.

"Am I suppose to tip you?" Marinette questioned.

"Give me a bag and I'll get you to Wayne Hotel." Damian sighed.

Marinette hesitated, but reluctantly handed him a bag. On their walk to the Wayne Hotel, someone managed to snag a picture of them and posted it online tagging #IcePrince. It went viral over night.

'This is why I never help people.'

If they wanted to gossip, he'd ignore them. It was of no importance to him. He knew better then to talk to them. He didn't realize, she hadn't.

"Tell us about your relationship with Damian Wayne!"

"I don't know who that is." the girl groaned, "Is he some sort of celebrity for you all to hound me?"

The reporters went silent, confused.

"He's the guy who carried your bag."

"So?" she shrugged.

"Are you his lover?"

"You went to Wayne Hotel."

"Look, I don't know who the guy is! He was merely helping me, a tourist, find a hotel after getting scammed by a horrible taxi driver." she shouted.

"Will you tell us about the date?"

"Ma'am, are you seriously trying to spread gossip about two teenagers? How low are you, in your job, that this is what is important? There are children left on the streets, starving, and you want to know about someone I'll probably never see again? You're pathetic." she declared, walking away from the mob of reporters, leaving the woman red in the face.

'Wow!'

"I just said I'd never see you again!" Marinette whispered, pulling him into her hotel room, "Why are you here? I don't need more idiots in my face!"