2022: 5-Storybook

Start from the beginning

"This time," Marinette spoke, "it was the boy who had grown up feral and vowed to protect the woods and animals. He said a part of himself must have remembered her."

Malik smiled, "Did they have any wolves this time?"

"No, but the boy had some dogs." she answered.

"Like Ace and Titus." he smiled.

"Yes." she replied.

"What happened to them?" Malik asked, "The prince and the wolf girl?"

"They lived far apart from each other so they decided to stay in contact." Mari declared, "When they were old enough, they got married."

"Who is getting married?" a voice spoke from the doorway.

"Daddy!" Malik shouted, running up to his father and hugging him.

Damian picked up his son and hugged him, tight. He then walked over to his wife and kissed her.

"Ew." their son voiced, sticking out his tongue.

Damian chuckled, "Who was getting married?"

"Mommy was telling me a story before bedtime." Malik answered, pointing at the book.

Damian looked at what book Marinette had in her hands, if you could call it that. It was hand written notes that had been laminated, so the pages wouldn't fade, and placed in a binder. It was the book they had both created to keep their story alive.

"What is going on?" someone shouted.

"I thought you were in love with Adrien." shouted a girl.

"Little D, who is she?" Dick asked.

"She's my other half." Damian answered.

"Demon Spawn," Jason groaned, "you're not making any sense. You've never even met her before!"

Marinette laughed, "I thought I was the demon between us."

"A lot has changed in a thousand years, My Love." the Wayne heir declared.

"A thousand years?" an elder woman asked.

"Damian," Bruce spoke up, "does this have anything to do with your mother?"

"No, Father." he replied.

"You could call us soulmates." Marinette responded, "Us fighting, him saying those words; we remembered everything since we last met."

He could see the doubt on many peoples' faces.

"When was that?" asked a blonde boy.

"Before technology." Mari answered.

"Firearms were a new invention." he continued.

"Humans still used fire and burned forests to solve their problems." his soulmate growled out.

He could only chuckle, "I became an advocate for the environment. I must have subconsciously remembered how much you love the forest."

Marinette giggled, "What else?"

"Father doesn't let me have exotic animals." he sighed.

"How exotic?" she questioned, leaning in.

"Panthers." he spoke, looking her in the eye.

"How about some wolves?" she teased.

"I have a dog." Damian smirked.

"Close enough." Marinette smiled, before kissing him again.

"Ah, that story." Damian spoke, "It's one of my favorites."

"Really?" Malik asked.

Damian nodded.

"We just finished reading the storybook and now, it's bedtime." Marinette declared.

"Do you think grandpa would let us have a wolf?" Malik questioned, looking hopeful.

Damian chuckled, "I've asked; the answer was no."

Their son pouted.

Marinette smiled, "That doesn't stop you from dreaming of wolves and being friends with them; even running with them."

"Can I meet a real wolf?" he pleaded.

Mrs. Wayne looked up to the ceiling, "If I remember correctly, there is a wolf preserve that allows people to meet wolves. It's in a different state."

"Where?" Damian demanded.

"I'll look it up, but I think the wolves were raised as dogs and when people realized it was a hybrid or a wolf, they were given up to shelters." she answered, "They're all domesticated so they didn't want to damage them any further or risk them getting hurt."

"Can we go see the wolves?" their son asked.

"Yes." Damian immediately answered.

"Can I ride it, like the wolf girl?" he questioned.

"I don't know about that." Mari smiled, "We can visit, but we can't keep it."

Malik pouted.

"I know." Damian spoke, "Your mother is as mean as Grandfather."

Marinette let out an overdramatic gasp, making her husband chuckle and their son laugh. Mari and Damian kissed their son goodnight and closed the door, behind them.

"Did you tell him the whole story?" he questioned.

"No." she replied, "I only told him bits and pieces. The story will get longer as he gets older. When he's old enough, he'll be able to read the whole thing and see out notes to each other."

Damian quickly snatched up his wife, gaining a tiny scream from her mouth. He smirked at her blushing red face. Marinette glared at his smug face.

"I'll cut your throat. That will shut you up!" she growled.

"You're beautiful." Damian replied.

Marinette whimpered and buried her face in the crook of his neck.

"I still don't know how you get me flustered with two words." she mumbled.

Damian smiled as he carried the Princess Mononoke book and his wife to their room.