Chapter 64

Scarlett pov

"And that completes our tour. How do you like the complex?" Lena says flashing me one of her signature smiles.

"I love it. I can't even begin to picture the number that you guys spent to do all of this."

"I can't either. This was all made years ago. My father and my mum chose the designs and the colours." she says

"They did a good job."

I don't want to talk badly of her parents. They treated her badly, but I know that somewhere there is a place in her that still loves them. I can't tear that one little place.

"Oh shit. We should go. I forgot about the time." She says and grabs my hand. We walk to the elevator and she presses the floor to the ground level.

"You can let go of my hand now." I say

"Not yet." She says and holds it tight.

The elevator door open and she turn to me. She kisses me and walks out.

"You'll do great."

"Thanks." She says as we enter the big  conference room. I sit in the back while she walks up to the front.

"Hello everyone. I'm sorry for the wait. I got a bit distracted." That earns a few glances my way.

"I am going to be honest with you. I have no idea what's going on. We've lost contact with one of our facilities in Spain and we can't do anything. We've reached out to see what was going on. Turns out there were protests against our company because of some legal issues my father never took care of. They sent over the files, the data and everything they were supposed to be doing. I'm sorry but today your work day ends at 5 pm instead of 3. There is too much to be done and until we find a solution you and I both will be staying in to resolve everything there is."

Some man raises his hand to speak and Lena nods her head. Signaling for him to start talking.

"How come we never had any problems while your father was in charge. No offence."

Okay asshole, way to go.

"See thats the thing Smith, he put it all off. This company, this business is not all clean. I'm trying to purify it. I am trying to make a change here. If any of you don't see that. Or don't even appreciate it, you're free to go. I don't have to be so communicative with you, with all of you. My father had a spokesman, an assistant, a driver, and many many more. He never spoke to any of you. Let alone stand here and try to figure out a way for all of us to go home as soon as possible. If you have any complaints about how I do my job, get in line, you're not the first nor are you the last. Does anyone have any serious questions?" She asks

Okay that was hot. The way she spoke to a crowd of people is just so attractive. I can't believe how cool she really is. She answered all of their questions and they were all glad that she took interest in them. When everything was complete we walked back into her office to find takeout boxes on her desk.

"Here, let's eat." She says quietly.

What I like about her is how soft she speaks to me. She changes like a light switch when she talks to me. I swear Lena is so attractive that I'm surprised she's been single for so long. Her hazel eyes and dark brown hair are something so common, yet she makes it look one of a kind.

I want her to meet my Rose. Rose obviously knows about her, and she knows about Rose. But I want to change that. Her and Lena's last encounter was when I was speaking on the phone. I guess I just want to introduce Lena to Rose as my friend. I want her to like her. I think she already does because of their first encounter. She maybe forgot about that, but I haven't.