Chapter 18

Scarlett pov

I wake up with a headache. I fell asleep on the couch again. It has been three days after our fight and I can't get her out of my head. I can't get her face and how she looked at me when I screamed all that into her face. I regret saying all those vile things to her. She may be frustrating and secretive but she didn't need to be slutshamed by me. I've been trying to reach Maria ever since she left and I am alway left on voicemail. I texted Lena to ask if she heard from her. She can't be just ignoring me. Can she?

She is. According to Lena they talked the other day. Thats just great. I call Chris and he says he is in town getting things for the new apartment. I don't tell him why I'm upset and I just decide I'll leave him be. I have friends, I have people I can call when I need to, but I have no one to call about Lena. She is such a mystery that I don't even know anyone who she would talk to other than Maria. I make myself breakfast and get changed. I have an interview today.

On my way there I play some music. The silence is defeating. This is worse than a break up. I feel like I lost an opportunity at something great. I enter the studio and they tell me I'll be doing some games along with an interview about our latest Avengers movie. They put the mic on me and we are ready to roll. I am so grateful to this interview because not only did it give me an excuse to get off the couch it will also avert mu thoughts from the beautiful girl I insulted in my house three days ago. I still have her necklace and I never took it off. She's the last person that put it on me back in the plane. When she let me touch her stomach and when she shivered under my touch.

I finish the interview finally and check the time. It is already 4 pm. I get myself some food out of a drive through and head home. When I sat down on the kitchen table to eat I had nothing to do so I took out my phone. I don't have an official account on twitter so I use a fake account to be kept in the loop of things. As soon as I opened twitter I was bombarded with pictures of Chris at Barnes&Noble. What is so interesting about that?

_______________
Chris Evans seen getting coffee with Scarlett Johansson's assistant
_______________
Is Chis Evans dating another girl this month?

What the fuck? I open the pictures and there they are. Coffee's in hand and walking away from the paparazzi. Was he lying to me when I called him? Maybe he was with her and didn't want to make it awkward. I don't see Lena as the type to chase someone like Chris. She looks and acts like she is the one being chased not the other way around.

I decide I'll watch some movies to relax my mind. I finish my food and go to the living room. Since I am in a shitty mood I decided I'll watch Parent Trap, which is my all-time favourite movie. I know it word for word.

It seems I've fallen asleep when I am awoken by my phone ringing. It's Chris.

"Hey Scar what are you up to?"

"Hey to you too, just watched a movie."

"Nice, are you in a mood to go out somewhere?"

"Why?" I ask

"I haven't seen you in a while and thought we could catch up and also talk about the press conference we have in less than two weeks" He says

"Oh shit. That's in October right?"

"Yup, it seems you need an assistant Scarlett"

"I already have one" I lie.

"You may be able to lie to others but you can't lie to me. Besides, I already know she quit." he says.