Chapter 11 - Lily's Catalyst Part 1

Start from the beginning

She was holding the object in both her hands; it looked like a piece of fabric, clothing of some sort, but I couldn't determine what materialized from its depths.

"Lady Ikigai-sama... that is...?"

"This is a uniform that Danna-sama gave to us, Pillars. And this one, it is from Johan-chan~! It's one-of-a-kind clothing that Johan-chan received as supposed to be Clandestine from Danna-sama~! Johan-chan decided to give this uniform himself to the one that will come to replace him, so you should receive it gratefully, okay~?"

Ikigai-sama handed me the piece of black material.

The black mist slowly disappeared from the object into nothingness, and it transformed into an unusual set of garments in my hands...

The set of clothing suddenly floats in front of me... I found myself staring at it in awe.

...The design reminded me of an elegant military uniform. It has red cuffs on the sleeves, a small black bowtie around the neck, and a pair of white gloves. But it definitely wasn't something that any being would just see anywhere. I can describe this imposingly beautiful and staggering clothing as something that is made to be hidden and sly in its nature...

...This was an outfit made of material from the Dark Supreme Being itself... There were several golden threads stitched into the fabric... But everything about it screamed dark and heavy atmosphere, making it seem like an item that any being just won't find anywhere else but in hell.

And the only thing that stood out above the rest was the color scheme of the uniform: a deep black with dark gold accents—an unusual combination if ever there was one. It was also spattered in bloodred and black, giving off a sinister yet powerful impression...

I accepted the outfit gratefully from Lady Ikigai-sama and bowed deeply while kneeling.

"Yes! Thank you very much, Lady Ikigai-sama!"

"Mhm! Anyway! That uniform will give you a pseudo-power similar to mine, akin to the dark aura I received from Danna-sama when utilized. It will not be the same power as mine and the Pillars, who received Quantum Dominion personally from Danna-sama. But with that piece, your strength will be something that can at the least put up a fight with Gorge-chan with the slightest chance of winning."

Ikigai-sama told me that I would receive a power similar to the Quantum Dominion Ikigai-sama has from the clothing... I had no idea how powerful it would be, though... Ikigai-sama made it sound like the weakest, but it's just how it is supposed to be for the servants of the Dark Supreme Being.

That kind of power... is just plain terrifying...

Also, Ikigai-sama just mentioned a name... If that person is as strong as she compares to the power that comes from the clothing, that means...

"Gorge-sama...? Could it be that he is one of the Pillars...?"

Ikigai-sama suddenly looked at me with an expression as if wondering about something.

It feels like I'm about to be told something important...

"Clandestine-chan, you're right...! But Gorge-chan is a lady! ...And oh! I must warn you that every woman in the Pillars of the Abyss is Danna-sama's woman~! They only look and desire Danna-sama for themselves alone~! That includes me~! Under no circumstances should you consider making a move on any of Danna-sama's women~! Otherwise, you will be tormented by Obscurity-chan and me~! She's far scarier than I am, so I'll tell you right now that she's the only one among the Pillars who doesn't listen to anyone except Danna-sama and me~!"

Ikigai-sama said those daunting words cheerfully... but...

I-I get it... even if Ikigai-sama says that... I don't have any plans of doing something so unforgivable and beyond contempt as that...