Chapter 6 - A Black Lily Swallowed By The Darkness

Izeno's POV:

"Izeno-sama... this place is... it's so spacious and beautiful...!"

Lily breathed, and her eyes widened with excitement and amazement.

"It has an overwhelming elegance and novelty that I've never seen before... It's so majestic and perfectly fits the noble image of Izeno-sama!"

Outside my room, we went into the other room of the castle, showing the place around while I was accompanying Lily.

She was staring at one of the walls in particular.

The walls had been made to look like an open window into another world, a bottomless, dark, swirling, and glowing pattern. It had also been colored with white linings as far as the eyes could see without touching it.

In fact, the otherworldly design were all lined up along both sides from floor to ceiling, giving off a feeling of being inside something larger than life itself.

A light shone through them somewhere deep within, illuminating everything around its borders, making for quite a sight when you first saw it.

The room wasn't completely empty either—it was filled with furniture fit enough for royalty: couches, chairs, tables, beds, desks... All kinds of things would make any noble feel right at home.

How should I say it... Yep, my room is the only odd one above the rest. The difference is like hell and heaven; one would think it's like they entered Shangri-La after exiting my room.

"Hmmph, right. This will be your room from now on."

Lily kept asking me where the bedroom was and insisted that I had to be in an ordinary room, unlike the one where my throne was... an empty black room.

I didn't know what she meant by "ordinary," but it sounded like a euphemism for something else.

"M-My room...? Are we not going to share a bed? I don't want to! Izeno-sama, your room is my room, okay? Okay, let's go to our room."

Lily said as she started walking down the large hallway with her hands behind her. She seemed excited about it all of a sudden, but I wasn't sure what exactly made this so exciting for her...

She said it very quickly, with her face red as she tried to run away from me—but then suddenly stopped short.

I'm sure Lily would have been happy with this arrangement if she'd known how much trouble it could cause her later down the road. As a servant of an unknown being, she will need a personal workplace to build her character...

In the first place, there is not even a single valid reason for me to share the same room with her. I don't need to sleep, nor do I have the needs of a human to keep living...

"Lily."

"I-I-Izeno-sama!?"

It can't be helped. Lily will need the information about me as a member with the same interests. It will help her make the best use of it in being my servant.

...

"Remember this... My sole existence... is to become the unknown that draws everything from the dark, fall as a shadow into the void of darkness, and rise as obscurity from the deepest depths of the never-ending abyss."

"Izeno-sama..."

"If every world thinks that light is the only thing it needs, I will become the darkness that will remove that illumination... So... Lily, will you follow me on this path of becoming one with the nothingness?"