“We're almost there, Your Highness.”

“Do you think that you can hold out a little while longer, Nyota?” I asked, falling back behind Haneul and Sung-jun.

“Yeah, it's just my hands that are a little cold.”

“I'm going to go check out the place first, Your Highness,” Sung-jun called out before disappearing into the darkness.

“Hanuel, you've been quiet this whole journey, too quiet if you ask me.”

“Something doesn't feel right, Your Highness.”

“What do you mean?” 

“The whole trip here has been peaceful. It's been too uneventful, don't you think?” 

“I don't know Hanuel we did sneak away from the palace in the middle of the night.” 

“But still, don't you think that whoever is after Nyota would've had someone watching the palace for anyone existing or entering it at all times?” 

“Nobody knows about us leaving the palace because we left through a secret passageway that only we know about,” Mi-sook utters in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

“I don't know Jun-ki, something just doesn't feel right about us leaving the palace,” Hanuel says at the time Sung-jun reappeared out of the shadows of the thick trees.

“Sung-jun, is there another reason why we had to leave Ryang in the middle of the night?” I asked him just as he began to speak.

“I'm not sure if now is the right time to be having this conversation, Your Highness, especially when we're in a rush to get you and Nyota to safety.”

“If you don't tell me right now, I'm going to turn around and go back to the palace and ask Appa, Sung-jun.”

“You're leaving because of your Uncle, Your Highness.”

“Uncle… What uncle? My parents don't have any siblings.” 

“His Majesty has a younger brother named 'Prince Nikil' who was exiled to the far-off territory of Fyung Dong Providence before you were born,” Mi-sook says again in a voice that is barely over a Whisper. It almost felt like she thought that the woods were listening in on our conversation.

“Why haven't I heard about him before now?” 

“Because Your grandmother forbade anyone in the palace to speak his name inside the palace walls on the day he was sent into exile,” Sung-jun replied, coming to a stop in front of me.

“Why was he banished to Fyung Dong Providence, and What does he have to do with why we had to leave Ryang in the middle of the night all of a sudden?”