Chapter 5

"What's your favorite color?" She asked Draco as the warmth of their bodies radiated off each other.

"Green." He muttered while she laughed.

"What's so funny?" His lips lifted.

"It's just seems like you're obligated to say that," she gave a lopsided smile tilting her head to the side.

"How?" He then realized and grinned cheekily. "Because I'm Slytherin?" She nodded.

"I'm a Ravenclaw but my favorite color isn't blue." She stated not breaking eye contact with the grey eyed boy in front of her.

"Yeah because it's purple."

She grinned widely. "You remembered."he blushed as she gasped bringing a hand to her mouth.

"The Draco Malfoy remembered something about me!?" He rolled his eyes. "Oh but I'm just little old Ravenclaw." She talked with her hands dramatically.

"Sod off, Equuleus." He laughed pushing her away.

"Seriously, Draco, you need a color that isn't one of the houses." She didn't really understand what she was saying. "Like a side color."

"Side color?" He raised an eyebrow. "Why not just second favorite."

She sighed. "No Draco." The Ravenclaw girl brought her hands to her face in disappointment. "A side color." She tried again.

"I don't understand you, little horse." He shook his head. "A side color, Draco!"

"You're second first favorite color!" He face never changed. "Never mind."

"Equuleus," he drew her attention. "Are you alright?" He teased. "I think I'm sleep deprived." Draco bursted into fit of laughter.

Equuleus scowled staring at him. "Of course you are, little horse." He gave her a 'duh' look as if she should have already knew that.

"You stay here all night doing whatever you do and have classes all day." He said.

"Are you even a Ravenclaw?" He gasped. "Have you been lying this whole time." He brought a hand to his heart.

"Draco," she whispered genuinely terrified. "Are you okay?"

"Tell me, Little horse." He moved closer to her the smell of mint and strong cologne lingered in the air.

"When do you sleep?" He laced their hand together staring at her intently waiting for any answer.

She hummed not knowing how to respond. "When I can." Is what she went with. A pathetic answer she knew.

"Seriously, Equuleus?" He laughed again. "That's what you're going with?" She nodded.

"Let's go then." He stood holding out his hands for her to lace back together.

"What?"

"We're going to your dorm so you can sleep." He stated firmly. "Don't make me drag you there."

The Macaulay girl stood connecting their hands walking towards the stair. Every corridor was dark and silent. Neither said a word as they made their way to the Ravenclaw common room.

Until Draco finally spoke. "You have to bring me here one day when it's not so dark." He murmured in her ear.

Equuleus nodded even though he couldn't really see it. She then opened to door to her single dorm.

"Private dorm?" He asked making her smile.

"Perks of being the niece of a professor."

"Wait- what?" He turned confused whilst she turned on the light.

The room was scattered with shades of blue and gray with hints of gold. Astronomy related decorations and mini bookshelves hanging on her walls.

The room screamed Ravenclaw in every possible way. He loved it though. Basically what he imagined it to be. 

"Ravenclaw pride." She smiled making him smile as well.

"We'll time for bed, little horse." Equuleus changed, brushed her teeth, and put her hair in a loose plait.

Draco tucked her into bed humming a song to her and himself. Equuleus' eyes grew heavy as she listen to his soothing voice.

"How will you leave?" She mumbled sounding nothing but exhausted. "Shhh," he quieted her wanting her to rest.

He ran his fingers through her hair like best friends do continuing to hum with his beautiful voice. "I'll let myself out. Don't worry, sweetheart."

"Listen to the sound of my heartbeat." He said lowering the sound of his singing.

"Sweet dreams, little horse." He kissed her forehead and slowly let himself out of the room.

Roaming through the halls Draco felt a sense of pride. He helped Equuleus get the rest she so desperately needed.

He watched as her eyes flutter closed. Her body that was once begging for rest was finally getting it.

He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear the loud footsteps from behind him.

"STUDENT OUT OF BED!" The loud voice startled him as a hand yanked his shoulder dragging him with the person. Flinch and his cat Mrs. Norris strutted though the halls.

Draco received a detention for the next afternoon but he didn't care because it was worth it. He helped Equuleus.

He actually helped someone.