Chapter 39

"Well now. Look at you baby girl. Just as beautiful as I thought you would be today." A deep voice comes from behind. Turning myself to face him. The biggest smile I could ever have I know is plastered on my face. "Hi Papa." He kisses my cheek. "Absolutely breath taking. Evans just may faint you know. Boy's looking a little light headed already." He laughs loudly. "Thank you Papa. Hopefully he will be ok. Don't want him running from the alter." I crack up. "Don't worry baby girl. I would drag his *ss right on back. Probably with some willing volunteers at that. You look relatively calm for a woman about to get married. The Jackson vibe must be rubbing off on you." His chuckle fills the room. "I guess so." I put my hand to his cheek. "Girlie. It's time. Marianne is starting to pace waiting on you. Hi Papa." Aud sticks her head into the room. "There's the other one! Come here girl." Sam opens his arms. Aud gives him a big hug. "Now listen. Same as your home girl here. He messes up again? I'm gonna break him understand?" Kissing the top of Aud's head. "I know. I know. You have said. Many times at that. It's going to be fine I promise." Her giggle loud. "Good. Now. Let's go get this one married off. Later we can talk about when Tom is going to make you an honest woman too. Lord knows he better." Sam laughs taking my arm. "Oh mama! You look so pretty! Thank you for doing pink flowers! You surprised me! I love them." Clo exclaims wrapping her arms around me. "As do you princess. Auntie Bella did an awesome job huh? You're so welcome. Like daddy says today is about the three of us right?" Smiling at Bella. "Thank you sis. I'm glad you approve. The suits are on point. The boys look incredible!" She hugs me. "Sabrina." I hear my mom. Her voice soft. "Mama you just saw me a minute ago." I try to joke so we don't cry. "I know sweetheart but, finally. You are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Your daddy. Well I can almost feel his love and pride coming down right now. He loves you so much. Chris too. He knew this day would come. Even when we didn't. All the hurt, the pain and then the work you did to get through it. He has always and will always be right there next to you. I know today you wish it was him walking you down that aisle. But he is going to be there. On your left." Her little joke breaks the tears forming in our eyes. "Oh my god." I hear a gasp. I haven't seen her yet. She has been with Chris. "My sweet girl. You are stunning." Ma pulls me into a hug. "Thank you Bri. For not just filling his life. But mine too. No one I could have even imagined would be such a blessing to all of us as you are. I get a wonderful sister, an extraordinary granddaughter and the most incredible daughter. I love you three thousand." Hugging me tighter. "Ok. You all need to stop using the catch phrases. It's kinda weird." I giggle. "Time to line up every one." Marianne breaks the love fest up. Just in time before I ugly cry with happiness.

Standing there waiting for the back doors to open. In my beautiful dress Bella designed. It's simple. Off the shoulders, lightly beaded bodice with a flowing chiffon shirt. A simple crown of flowers over my hair. Which in down in ringlets. Chris loves my hair down. The girls are all in blue. Scar teasing me when she got fitted that this Cap stuff went too far. Me teasing back that she could always wear her Black Widow suit instead. Both of us dying laughing. She has become so dear to me. Elsa turns to look at me. "I knew it was always going to be The Evans." She winks as the music starts to play. Everyone in the crowd and in line laughing. I found a way to do the Avengers theme classically and slow. My cousin helped as he is a musician. "Never ends!" Sam laughs. I giggle next to him. "Girl you are crazy but I love. It. Glad I did those movies now. More than I thought I could be." He smiles. "I mean they did solidify you being the world's biggest bad *ss so can't blame you there." I look at up at him. "Not the only reason Sabrina. I had that title a very long time ago." Teasing me. "Then why else?" Curious on what in the world could be cooler than being Nick Fury. "I get to have you in my life now. My little mama and Kathy too." He touches my cheek and kisses my forehead. "Oh papa." Starting to get misty again. "Now none of that. I told you I wouldn't get soft in front of these fools. They are all here too. Even Clark for crying out loud. Feige is having a field day right now." He turns his head forward. I almost forgot he was here. Overwhelming to say the least. The doors shut just as I watch Clo walk out. I get to see the look on Chris's face before it does though. His eyes watery. He loves her so much. Music starts again. A different song. "Hey lady. You got the love I need." My cousin sings. We had to. It is our song. The one that made us think of each other for decades now. Memories flood through my head. From the first time we met at that party. The moment he stepped into my home and hugged me on football Sunday. Feeling at home in his arms. The night in London where we finally told each other how we felt. Paris. Our time in Australia. The first time he said he loved me. When we finally remembered a night as teenagers. The look on his face when he saw me doing ballet for the first time. He was in the gym when I was having a lesson. He cried watching me. Pride on his face watching Clo play Mercutio. He wasn't the only one. Tom did as well. She had a standing ovation. Not from just her "Marvel" and her birth family. The whole auditorium stood for her. She was remarkable. Celebrating Clo's birthday, mine and his as a family. My first time stepping on a red carpet with him. Camera's flashing everywhere. The pride on his face showing off his girls to the world. Going to Disney world together. In our matching shirts. Cap's shield made with mickey ears. Saying we can do this all day. It was awesome. Many more leading up to today. "Ready?" Sam pulls me from my thoughts. I nod. Knowing I have been for a very long time.