Looking to the Future

The light haired Quincy muttered under his breath as he headed to the room in question. "As if I want to see him."

Stopping in the doorway of the medical room caused mixed feelings to crop up, and the corners of Bazz-B's mouth twisted down. He stepped into the room and over to the dark haired Quincy. The man let out a sigh and bent down touching his forehead to the other man's forehead and closed his eyes. "I'd thought I lost you, you moron."

A hand reached up to touch the side of the man's neck causing his eyes to snap open and see Cang-Du wasn't asleep. "Is your sister all right?"

Bazz-B pulled back just as the door opened and closed, but he payed the person no mind. "Candice lost an arm, and she doesn't want the Shinigami to restore it."

"I'm not talking about her."

The light haired Quincy felt his throat tighten as he sat down thinking about what Cang-Du just said. His head darted to the door to see the young taicho he fought and injured during the war standing there. "Do you have a problem?"

"Um... with the two of you being together. No." The white haired youth leaned up against the door in a nervous manner.

"Are you hiding from someone?" Bazz-B folded his arms across his chest and put his feet up onto Cang-Du's bed.

"His mother."

"I don't have a mother."

Bazz-B looked right at his partner. "Are you feeling all right?"

"You shouldn't assume someone's dead until you see their dead body next time."

"That's a mouth full for you. I mean..." The light haired man paused before looking back at the boy. Two bright teal eyes suddenly reminded him of Bambietta's. His head turned back to Cang-Du. "Wait a second... that kid's our nephew."

"Not only did I die on a plain of ice and come to soul society, and now I'm creeped out by your relationship."

"Now you're creeped out?" One of Bazz-B's eyebrows rose up.

"It's one thing if you're not blood related..." Toshiro glanced away and began to fidget. "Plus... I died on a plain of ice."

"Sort of."

Bazz-B's head shot back to Cang-Du. "What do you mean sort of?"

"After you left with the girl the house became covered in ice."

"Now you tell me? After all these years? I thought I killed the kid. Twice for that matter."

"It didn't click until I got stuck in that ice prison."

"Joy." Bazz-B looked up in time to see the young taicho try to slip out only to close the door upon hearing his voice called out. The man stood up and grabbed the boy's arm before pulling him away from the door. He noticed the child walked with a limp. "Seriously. Who are you hiding from?"

"None of your business. I'm rather uncomfortable around you two right now."

"You're girlfriend."

"It's none of your business, but Kurosaki really isn't my girlfriend. Can I please leave after she passes?"

"If you're creeped out by what we did to you during the war, that was war kid." Bazz-B watched as Toshiro turned to him and tried pulling away.

"I'm creeped out because you two are in a relationship despite being blood related."

Bazz-B sighed. "As I was going to say before Cang-Du interrupted me... we're not blood related. He's the half-brother of my older sister's special someone."

The two men watched as the boy avoided eye contact. "You mean Ichimaru and Matsumoto?"

"Do you call everybody by their last name?" The lighter haired Quincy let out a sigh. "Why are you still avoiding eye contact?"

"I..." The door slid open and Toshiro looked towards the door as a dark haired female peeked into the room. "Kurosaki? How'd you find me? I hid my reiatsu."

"You're good at that, but not hiding your emotions. Something is upsetting you."

"No it isn't."

"Toshiro... does it really matter if Rangiku-san remembers she's your mother? She knows by instinct she is. Right now you still need your bandages changed. You can straighten out all of your mixed up feelings later." The girl reached out to tug on Toshiro's sleeve and pulled the boy out of the room.

"Mixed up feelings huh." Bazz-B leaned back in his chair and put his feet up onto the bed again while crossing his arms behind his head. "Things are likely going to change for the good now that Juhabach is gone."

"Maybe. Who knows what the future will hold."