Chapter 3||Friends with Death||

I hummed doing a tiny dance as I did my usual weekly sweep of the parlor, the pants and dresses came in and she included extra clothing and a note saying I should burn my old corset. Now that was funny, and teasing Undertaker with it was hilarious. I was in one of my favorites, high-waist black pants with gold buttons, my heeled boots, and a dark maroon button-up with a high-neck collar that was loose against my throat. My silver necklace bounded against my chest under the clothing and I had the sleeves rolled up and buttoned to keep them, I really praise Mrs. Hopkins, she's truly a wonderful seamstress. It's truly sad knowing she won't be in the future, I shook the thought away. "Dear, could you check these?" I set the broom away and took the files, in the past month since our discussion I learned this man is blinder than a bat, it baffles me how he moves around so easily. Yet he simply states things are blurry but he can make out shapes and people's figures. "You really need glasses," I said for the hundredth time, he chuckled at this shaking his head. "I do have glasses, I just don't wear them." My orbs widened, "Wait, really?" I questioned as he snickered and nodded, "Yes." He spoke pulling out slim black frames from his pocket. My brow twitched, "Ya know you can still hide yer face and wear them?" He chuckled at my statement as I scanned the files; "My hair won't cover my face properly," I hummed, "Ya do realize I can tell you're good-looking by your jaw alone?" I raised a brow looking up at him, he seemed taken aback; "Still perceptive as ever," he grumbled making me smirk; "Of course," I chirped, smirking at him as he shook his head and I flipped the file, "Damn you have amazing handwriting." I glanced over the beautiful cursive scanning it easily; "I'm sure your handwriting is pretty." He commented making me pale; "I got banned from handwriting things when I was schooled." He tried to hold his laughter, but failed miserably, cackling at the information. I shrugged and set the documents in their proper files. "Ah sorry Dearie," I grinned waving him off, "You're fine, it is funny." I snickered as he grinned, then crept forward, his arms wrapped under my arms as his head rested on my shoulder. I giggled as he moved my arms to dance, then he took my hand spinning me around. I grinned as he cupped my waist and held my hand as we danced around the parlor; "I am the one thing in life I can control!" I sang making him gasp; "I am inimitable, I am an original!" I continued as he spun me and our hands rested against each other I continued; "I'm not falling behind or running late! I'm not standing still," he twined our hands as he pulled me into him, moving to an unsaid beat but moving in perfect sync. Then he cupped my waist as I smiled, singing the next verse softly as he dipped me; "I am lying in wait" I drew out as his hair flooded around us, his bangs moved to show more of his scar and brilliant lime eyes. We paused as he held me, his orbs wide and I noticed a gold rim around his pupil and my gaze softened. He seemed to glance over every feature I had as I did the same, he is indeed a handsome man. A sharp jaw, thin lips, and a slightly downturned nose. Long silver almost white lashes batted against his pale skin and he slowly pulled me up, yet our gazes never broke as he cupped my waist. "Your enchanting," his voice whispered out, a shiver raced down my spine at the sudden deeper voice and my face darkened at the random compliment. "Thank you, your extraordinary yourself," I whispered back making his orbs widen, yet he didn't change his bangs back and I hummed pulling his glasses from his pocket and gently setting them on his face. He blinked a few times and then looked down, almost freezing as I giggled; "I am no longer a blob," I giggled making him grin. "No your not," he spoke and fixed a white strand behind my ear and he chuckled gently poking the pointed thing making me puff my cheeks; "Hey leave the knife ears alone," we snickered, turning into laughter as his grip tightened on my waist and I smirked evilly. He raised a brow; "Thorn what are ye plotting?" He asked and I hummed, wrapping my arms around him making the man stiffen as I stood on my toes the best I could. "This," I whispered as he paused then wrapped his arms around me burying his nose into my shoulder as I hummed softly. "Seems you needed this," I whispered making him chuckle into my shoulder as I ran my nails through his hair; "Take your time, I'm here for you." he relaxed onto me, his grip tightened as I held him when was the last time he's ever gotten a hug?