Chapter Five: Scared

"So..." Caleb said, high-fiving a guy just as he left. "What's the result?"

I reluctantly showed him the test with the pink plus sign.

"Oh, crap..." He said. "I'm so sorry."

I looked down and back up at Caleb. "Is it possible for tests to show up as incorrect?"

He gave me a confused look.

"I mean, it's not like this is done by a professional. Had it actually been done by a professional then I would have real reason to be terrified, right?"

"Uh...yeah? I guess. It's just the first test. It could be faulty."

"Yeah! I bet all I have to do is take another one, and if it comes as a positive, then I could go to a professional, riiight?"

Caleb still looked nervous. It seemed he was trying not to disappoint me, but I couldn't disappoint him. "And that's why I bought more than one." I returned to the bathroom again.

"I think he likes you," I whispered to Kayla.

"I think he's trying too hard," Vanexa said casually, pulling her bag from the locker.

"Well, it's the end of the day. You know, you could always make his day by going out with him."

"I know, but I'm busy," Kayla said.

"With what?" I smiled slyly.

She sighed. "Would it make your day if I went out with him?"

"Yes, I think both of us would be very happy. Besides, his friend is really nice."

"I pity him."

"I think he's-"

Addison walked up to me, tapping me on my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I said, annoyed. "I was talking with my friends."

"I need to go with Damian for a group project."

"So?"

"Can you get something from the art room for me?"

"Can't you get it yourself?"

"I would, but he's about to leave, and I can't wait until tomorrow. I'm not asking you to go with me; I just want you to keep it, not lose it, and give it to me tomorrow."

"Okay...? Bye."

"Don't bully their poor thing," Kayla said. "He's too sweet for that."

"He's quiet," Kayla said.

"He's weird," I said. "He's Addison. Anyways, I gotta go."

"See you tomorrow," Kayla said, waving.

I looked over my shoulder several times as I walked down the hall to the school wings. I could see or hear anyone else but me which had me very worried. The school was beginning to lock up, and the lights in the classrooms had been shut off. Once I got to the art wing, I muttered Addison's message to myself.

"Get something from the art room for me, Celeste? Damian and I have something to do. Lazy frog," I muttered. As I headed down the art wing hallway, I noticed that some of the lights began shutting off. "So, so creepy."

I entered the art room.

"Are you new here?" said a voice.

I jumped in surprise, not expecting to see anyone here.

"Don't scare me like that!" I said.

"Es tut mir Leid. I didn't think I'd seen anyone else.

I turned around to see who was speaking. Blackish purple hair, bright yellow eyes, fangs. He seemed all too familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.