One 23: Sala De Espera

Light ripples surrounded my hand as I pushed against the floor.

Where am I? Who is this?

I stared at the person on the floor.

Wait, is that me?

My mold. It's gone!

And uh- wasn't the ground some kind of liquid before?

Why was it grass now?

I rose and there I saw another person.

"Hello?"

"Uh- hi."

Airy?

"You! Are you Airy?!" I pointed at the lantern object.

"Yes, I am Airy."

"You bastard!" I punched the wall behind him.

The wall splintered against my fist. Blood dripped from my finger.

"Ow!... ow.. ow."

"Do you see it too?"

"See what!" What the hell was he talking about?"

"The Forest."

"Why should I tell you?!" I looked away, but he didn't respond.

"Yes, I see the forest too."

"Your friend, Backpack, is here. Not here, but in the real world."

"What?" I looked at Airy.

"-Here, but not here?"

"Yes, we are dead I think. That's why you have no mold anymore." Airy sounded unsure sort of.

"But how come I don't see anyone else here?" I looked around the forest-like scenery.

"I don't know, but it's different this room we are in. It's different for everyone."

"How come I see the same thing as you?"

"Who is to say it is the same thing?"

"Oh."

...

Backpack looked at the Plane database.

Texty, I should revive them.

Texty has been revived.

"Welcome Texty to One the Reboot! Due to the number of votes the viewers gave you, you have been put back on the show!"

14 dolls.

The first challenge was a balance beam.

The last person to fall gets an item that will help them in the next challenge.

Backpack watched as Scenty and Bottle and a couple of the other contestants fell off until the only who was left was Texty.

Well Texty couldn't exactly move vertically, but whatever or more like he couldn't.

Backpack revived some of the contestants who fell.

He then cloned another version of his axe and dropped it on Candy Bar by accident.

Candy Bar was revived.

Backpack stretched his back(?). It was time for him to cut wood again.

Since he was basically a living basket, he had no need for Airy's straw basket.

He turned that thing into a hat, not exactly, he placed the straw all around Airy's lid. It just ended up sticking.

Backpack swung against the trees. He was still going North.

He brought the wood to his cabin which looked more livable than a couple weeks ago.

Backpack sat around the campfire, and an idea came to him. What if he revived Airy, and he could help him with the coding thing.

He didn't know how to send people back home. Only revive them. And a couple of other commands.

...

"Liam did all that huh?" My feet swung and hit the log a couple of times.

"He's not a bad person."

"I know that."

"Uhm- what is your name? Your real name?"

"Charlotte, Charlotte Stern."

"Cha-"