One 20: If Only and Only

When Liam woke up he had to stretch for a moment, and he could only stare at the cast Airy had made for him.

Airy was an apathetic deranged psychopath. That's true, Liam decided that, but what if this is what Airy felt.

Liam wondered what he would do if he was Airy.

All alone. On the computer. Entertaining yourself so you won't be alone. Living...

-until another person came.

You would do anything again to see another person so you cater to their needs

-but they want to kill you.

It's okay because it's another person, and you, who used to be so alone, are now with another living being.

You protect them unconditionally. When that object breaks their- gets hurt. You make a cast for them.

What if Airy wasn't such a bad person after- no, he took everyone's lives away, but he brought Charlie and Tay- no, Aughh!

Enough! Liam had enough of thinking about Airy.

Liam headed for the cave. He forgot to plug the jack back into the Plane.

He plugged it back in.

A notification popped up.

"Would you like to revive Stella Hansen?"

Stella Hansen? Same last name as Bryce. Liam rolled back in his wooden stool chair, and fell over.

Liam racked his brain for a moment, and remembered seeing pictures of Bryce, and another blue bottle.

Bryce hadn't explicitly told him what his sister's name was, but he remembered him talking about his sister in the waiting room.

Liam clicked yes, and a small blue bottle appeared on the Plane.

Liam clapped his hands. This was amazing!

Wait- no, it wasn't, but if Stella was in the waiting room- but... what?

Liam pressed the button and spoke into the mic.

"Congratulations, Stella Hansen, or should I say Water Bottle? You have been invited to join "One" as a recommended character."

Liam let go of the button, and he cupped his hands to his face.

What had he just done? It felt wrong, but it felt good? And he...

He looked at the little planet.

"Airy! Are you there?!"

Liam pressed the button.

"Yes? What is it?"

"Let us out," "Bastard!," had been repeated over and over until an "I'm sorry!" spoke out.

Everyone had gone quiet. Liam had been quiet.

"I crashed into your truck! I'm sorry! Marsh-James-whatever name you go by, I'm so sorry!"

Liam felt as though he had two options now, reveal himself as Liam, or continue being Airy.

The right thing was to reveal himself as Liam.

Yes, that was the right thing.

"I uh-accept your apology waterbottle, but um- I can't let you leave until the show is over."

"I understand..."

This was bad. Playing with people's lives like this.

Liam felt sick to his stomach, but there was no one else now. Only him.

Only Him now.

And his little dolls.