5•"Now You may kiss the bride."

Start from the beginning

She said and I looked down, my cheeks turning red at the mention of him as my husband.

"I-I know I am asking for a lot. But as your mother, I just want your happiness and safety. I know it's not easy but please my love, try to accept this. Try to accept all time. It will make your life much easier. I assure you nothing will be changed. We will be the same but again a lot will change in your life and I can just ask you to accept it."

She said with hesitation. Her hold tightened on my hand. Slowly she took her one hand off and caressed my head. I lean on her touch.

"Maa, you are asking me to accept this, b-but how can I? I-I don't even know why this is happening. I am scared, confused, and unknown in all this."

I said what was bothering me.

"I know, but I Believe in my upbringing. You don't need to be scared. I'll always be with you. And about being confused, that is why we are doing this..."

She said but stopped I looked at her with hopeful eyes to say further but she abruptly stood up but no. I refuse to let her go this time.

I held her hand. She stopped and I looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"Don't. Don't force me to say. You will be hurt again."

She warned but I didn't leave her hand. She signed and then whispered which shoot me to my core.

"It's Samuel..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I heard the music beginning, papa held my hand and placed a warm kiss on my head. I took a deep breath when I stepped on the aisle.

At this moment all the confusion and all the feeling went numb.

I don't even feel like crying.

Whatever Maa said was enough to make me numb. Samuel a name from my past, from their past.

The name was very much enough for me to know why they are doing this. Now I don't even want to know the reason so desperately. I don't want to...

Maa was wrong, she told me I'll be hurt after knowing the truth but I am not. I am scared after hearing just one word.

I don't want him to come back ever.

And if the only way to keep him away from all of us is to marry Xavier. I will.

Even after deciding everything I still feel hollow. I don't know what to think, what to feel.

I am just going with the flow.

I was looking down continuously but as I was taking more steps toward him I felt my heart bear fastening. Even with my baby steps, I reached for him. The distance felt so small.

I was lost in my own that I didn't notice when we reached but as soon as papa put my cold hand on his warm one I felt everything blur around me.

My body shivered at the direct contact and I felt the realization hit me hard.

It's my marriage.

With Xavier

"I am trusting you, Xavier. I hope you won't break it"

Papa said to him in a hard tone. His voice was rough like he was warning him. Even I flinch at his tone. I didn't dare to look at him.

Even the thought of him standing in front of me was too much that it was making me feel dizzy, I don't dare to look at him.