5•"Now You may kiss the bride."

Start from the beginning

A lone tear escaped my eyes and my heart suddenly felt heavy. I was in my thought when I felt someone taking me in their embrace. The motherly feeling made me realize it was none other than Maa.

"Don't cry..please. if you want I will stop this wedding just Don't cry. I can't see you crying."

She said while planting a kiss on my head. I snuggled in her stomach seeking the warmth that I craved much at this moment.

"I miss her.."

I murmured. And I know she understands. Even after giving me all the love she never let Me forget My birth mother.

"I know, but you know she is watching everything from up there right?"

I nodded my head and chuckled. She still thinks of me as an 8-year-old Iris who always thought that her real parents are looking at her from up.

We stayed silent for a few minutes until she cupped My face. Wiping my face, I saw her looking disturbed.

"Iris? Can I say something to you as your mother?"

"Maa, you don't need to ask.."

She sat on the seat next to me. Taking my hand in hers she looked lost. Her look was dreamy.

"You know, when I was married to your papa I was just 19. At that time I just completed my graduation. One day my mother just took me to meet your Papa and you know till that time I wasn't knowing that why I was even meeting him."

She said and I laughed. She sometimes shared her and papa's story with us but never shared how they both got married.

"On our very first meeting, in his very first sentence, he told me that he is just marrying for our daughter...Isa. that time she was around 3. Your Papa was a pure Stanger to me whom I meet first on that meeting and followed that week we were married. "

I gasped at that. It was....unbelievable. after seeing their bond I always thought there was a love marriage.

"Shocked? Well, I was too but I never got time so much to ponder on it. At the age of 19, I was a Wife and a mother. It was all new, new people, new lifestyle, new name everything. But what made me survive was that thing that I accepted as soon as I can.."

She said and nodded.

"Iris sweetheart life is too short to spend it thinking and hesitating. And you are too young to worry and become depressed. I know it's sudden and unwanted but we are compelled."

I lowered my eyes knowing whatever she is saying is right. But...

"Why I said all this to you is because maybe our life is different but we are the same here. I was too, very much young, unknown to the world, forced and hollow. I too saw myself as a bride with no shine In her eyes on her wedding But nothing stayed as it was. We changed. Our relationship changed. For better. I started loving all this. I world started revolving around them. Xann, who was once a cold-hearted man melted and now you see he loves all of us, with his life."

I heard her attentively. She is right here, I have seen the love in their eyes for each other.

"Maybe it's wrong now. Maybe it's unacceptable now but as time will go, everything will change. And I know my daughter will change everything for good. Marriage is not just a marriage, exchanging vows but it's a pure promise in front of God to support and love each other till eternity. Whether it's forced or not, you still promise this."

I kept looking at her. My heartbeat was fast and I was getting nervous but still, somewhere I know whatever she is saying is right.

"I know you and Xavier aren't very on very good terms with each other but now it will be changed. He will be your husband, your better half. You need to understand him and the same goes for him. You will be his wife and he has to understand you. Hope you are understanding me"