07 - 𝕹𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖑𝖚𝖘𝖍

Start from the beginning

Now, besides classes and occasionally at the Great Hall, Holly has never seen Professor McGonagall anywhere else. Especially not at eight in the evening when all students are supposed to be in their common rooms, she was in big trouble.

But she couldn't help noticing how comfortable Professor McGonagall looked in her chair, she looked right at home. Well, of course she is, Holly knew the professor lived at Hogwarts full time. That means, her office is her home- a slightly depressing thought but an accurate one.

The professor had her hair cascading down her shoulders, her usual emerald robes replaced with light emerald night gown- she does look good in green, better than Snape - a fire was crackling on the hearth, a mug of tea was making a cloud of steam next to the papers she's grading.

"Professor!" Holly said, immensely startled. She got up, flattened her robes and composed herself. "My apologies professor, but er- i just came for the cat," she gestured to Bast who had laid down next to McGonagall's feet. "She's my friends and I er- volunteered to help- pleasedon'ttakeawayhousepoints..."

Holly hung her head, her cheeks flushing an embarrassed shade of pink. She could hear McGonagall's chair scrape against the floor as she moved, Holly was half expecting the Professor to appear in front of her and send her to detention. But when she looked up- curiosity getting the best of her, she did a double take.

McGonagall was cradling Bast in her arms, the cat purred in satisfaction when McGonagall began to pet her.

"No worries, Miss Black." Professor McGonagall says. "Cats just adore warmth."

Holly thought about that as McGonagall handed her Bast, it was considerably chilly down at the dungeons even if the fireplace was on 24/7.

"Thank you, Professor." Holly says, she turns to the door but stops short. She turns back at the professor and says, "Good luck at the game tomorrow, Professor."

An excited smile lifted on McGonagall's lips, "I don't think we'll need luck."

"I don't know, Professor." Holly says jovially. "Terrence Higgs is a good Seeker."

McGonagall puts her quill down and laces her fingers together on the table, when she looked up she had the same expression as Holly. A slight lift at the corner of her lips, "I have no doubt about that, Miss Black." She then shrugs smugly. "But I can't help but think ours is better."

Holly chuckled as she turned back to the door, just before she closed it after her, she called back inside, "Have a good evening, Professor McGonagall."

***

Millicent was ever so thankful to Holly for finding Bast, they'd also inquired to their Prefect about the heating situation and the room was as warm as hot chocolate the morning of the game.

They could feel the team's determination as they marched out of the common room, they headed straight for the pitch because their captain Marcus Flint- a buff, mean looking guy wanted them to get in a few minutes of practice and to collect themselves before the game started.

They were absent for the delicious breakfast served that morning; fried sausage, french toast, bacon, baked beans, and a few wheels of cheese.

By eleven o'clock the whole school seemed to be out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch. Many students had binoculars. The seats might be raised high in the air, but it was still difficult to see what was going on sometimes.

Holly herself had a pair of binoculars hanging from her neck like a necklace, meanwhile, she also held a green and white striped flag in her gloved hand.

Her friends cheered loudly as the Slytherin team in their green robes marched out onto the field, Holly felt a rush of joy as their part of the pitch deafened her with cheers.