14. "Life's Great When They Find out I'm Not Dead"

"Welcome to the kingdom of demons." Bad said with a smile while Skeppy slept. "Skeppy! When did you manage to fall asleep again?" Bad asked with a whisper. Skeppy yawned. "When you went to wake the kid." Skeppy replied sluggishly, clearly tired. "It's fine. I think the view was enough of a welcome..." Tommy replied as he stared out the window of the carriage with stars in his eyes. "Wait... When did I get in here?" Tommy questioned.

"Bad?" Tommy mumbled as Bad stared at him with confusion. "Ah? What? Oh yeah. Uh so you werew sleeping so soundly I felt bad if I woke you up so instead we just put you in the carriage and went." Bad replied after snapping out of his thoughts. "Oh... I didn't get to say bye to the others." Tommy said quietly with a saddened expression. "Sorry about that, but this'll only be a few day trip the we'll send you back in no time. Just take a while to relax and learn a few things about demon culture on the way." Bad apologized while Skeppy struggled to stay awake.

"Welcome back demon lord Bad B. Halo and Skeppy. Hm? Who might our guest be?" a guard at the gate asked. "Ah this is Tommy, he recently got his horns and I belive that it's good for him to experience the demon culture." Bad explained with a smile. "Alright then. Welcome Tommy to the demon kingdom. Hope you enjoy your stay." The guard said. They were kinder than Tommy expected. In his world demons were either considered dating material or evil, mean and cunning. But here, they were just your avarege kind hearted people.

"Thank you." Tommy replied with a bright smile.

Their first destination was the magnificent ebony castle. It seemed to be made of some black rocks but Tommy's wasn't quite sure exactly what it was and if it even existed in his previous world. The castle itself was huge in size and there were many plants surrounding it giving the building a splash of color. Tommy stared in awe as they entered the castle. The garden by itself was breath taking but the intertior was inspired by the medieval times maybe around the year 1000. It was truly worthy of the description of a castle.

"Whoa? Are those amaranth flowers on the walls!?" Tommy asked excitedly. "Huh- ah yeah, they are. Though my favorite flower is the cornflower which are kept mostly in the back garden." Bad replied with a smile. "Oh cool, my favorite flower has to be the dandelion puff." Tommy replied as he admired all the different types of flowers in the garden. "A dandelion puff?" Bad questioned. "Mhm. I always found the idea of blowing on it to make a wish fun. I always did it while... While..." Tommy stopped talking and his smile turned into a frown.

"Why can't I remember?" he mumbled as he tried and tried. It was his favorite memory, his one and only memory with someone he cared about in his past life. Someone who was now only a blurry memory, a that fact scared Tommy. "Tommy? Are you alright?" Bad asked in worry. "Yeah... I just realized something I didn't want to..." Tommy replied with a bitter smile as he stood up.

"Alright then." Bad sighed. "Shall we head to town?" He asked and Tommy nodded. Skeppy had managed to slip away at some point but neither of the two noticed it.

The two entered the town and after walking around for ten minutes Tommy started walking weirdly. "Tommy? You okay?" Bad questioned as he halted. "Ye-yeah. My ankle just started to hurt a little." Tommy replied clearly in pain. "... Oh my prime in an idiot! You're ankle is still healing!" Bad exclaimed as he helped Tommy over to a bench. "I guess the healing magic wasn't really affective." Tommy said jokingly as Bad brought over a doctor. "Tommy, I'm happy that you feel okay enough to joke but not the best time at the moment." Bad replied his voice clearly worried again.

"Haha sorry..." Tommy apologized as the doctor cast healing on his ankle. It worked very well as Tommy felt relieved after he'd finished the spell. "Thank you." He thanked. "No problem it's my job." the doctor replied with a smile. "But I'm aware that healing magic is very painful to the caster and thought you deserved a thank you..." Tommy said quietly. "That's very thoughtful of you young man, but a sprained ankle is something I can easily bare. Thank you for the thought though." The healer said with a smile.